Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you bought and installed a Scorpio SR-i500 alarm system?

It sounds REALLY good:
FM 2-way communication between alarm & remote
Remore arming, disarming, and FM confirmation of each
Optional power backup
Optional perimeter alarm
Optional remote killswitch function (hit killswitch via remote!)
Most of it is in one cigarette pack sized piece.

Total cost with ALL options is just under $400.

Anyone tried one? If so, did it work as advertised? How was installation and reliability?

Jim G

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Have any of you bought and installed a Scorpio SR-i500 alarm system?

It sounds REALLY good:
FM 2-way communication between alarm & remote
Remore arming, disarming, and FM confirmation of each
Optional power backup
Optional perimeter alarm
Optional remote killswitch function (hit killswitch via remote!)
Most of it is in one cigarette pack sized piece.

Total cost with ALL options is just under $400.

Anyone tried one? If so, did it work as advertised? How was installation and reliability?

Jim G
I have one installed on my S2R. I have all the options except the power backup. I mounted the main ECU, perimeter sensor and most of the wiring under the seat. It was a bit of a tight fit so I removed the plastic cover of the tool kit area under the seat for more room. The slim wire antenna goes out under the rear "beer tray".

I had to fiddle a bit with the perimeter sensor to get it "just right". When you get within the perimeter sensor's zone, it warns you with three slow beeps then three fast ones before the full siren goes off. When arming, you can select whether to have the perimeter sensor active or not (useful when parking in crowded spaces). Even though the ECU/speaker is under my seat, the siren is pretty loud.

You have a lot of options in arming and disarming like only having visual confirmation (blinking lights) or the usual alarm chirps. Also, if the 2-way remote was in range when the alarm goes off, it tells via the LCD display you what sensor was triggered and the time (shock, tilt, perimeter). If the 2-way remote was out of range and the alarm goes off, when you disarm the bike, the lights also blink a certain number of times to tell you what kind of alarm was triggered.

Oh, and be sure to bring an extra AAA battery or two as the 2-way remote uses a lot of juice. I have to change AAAs in around 2 to 3 weeks of normal use.

I got the alarm not to just hopefully prevent theft, but more to stop "those" passers-by that can't just look and admire the bike but have to touch, grab, sit, tilt....you know what I'm talking about ;).

One thing though. I was not able to use/start the bike for around 20 days because I went on a trip. I don't have a battery tender so my bike just stayed in the basement garage and the alarm was armed. Anyway, when I got back I could not start the bike. The bike's battery was less than a month old and I've gone longer than 20 days before the alarm was installed of not even starting the bike but the battery remained ok. I guess the alarm draws a bit more power. But if you ride your bike often this won't be a problem.

A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts