Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with Schott jackets? I always thought of them as more of a crusier type jacket, but I was wondering how these jackets measure up?

Classic Racer Leather Motorcycle Jacket 141
Our Naked Cowhide Classic Racer Jacket has a bi-swing back, underarm footballs, adjustable stand-up collar and side buckles, zippered sleeves, polytwill lining with a zip-out pile liner. 26" back length. Union Made in the U.S.A by UNITE HERE local 169.

Free shipping within the continental USA.

Material: Naked Cowhide
Price: $385.00

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Damn that's a nice jacket....wish I had some $$$.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I have one that is about 20 years old. Back in the olden days it was one of the best. Today? Well, probably the big problem is no armor or provision for armor. For that kind on money you can get something that provides more protection and comfort.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have one. Well-made, good, thick leather that's tanned well (breaks in well).

Not exactly a track jacket, but pretty solid for around the city and short bursts with a destination, as in, going out. Longer and I go armour and a different jacket.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Robb_h2 said:
I have one. Well-made, good, thick leather that's tanned well (breaks in well).

Not exactly a track jacket, but pretty solid for around the city and short bursts with a destination, as in, going out. Longer and I go armour and a different jacket.
How is the fit? Is it true to size? I'm usually a 38 in Ducati, but that fits me super tight. I figured I would probably have to go up to a 40 for schott. Does it stretch out a lot?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fits me well at 40 long. Trim fitting. It doesn't so much stretch, which is the mark of bad/thin leather, but forms to fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 30 year old steerhide Schott Perfecto and it is a great jacket. Very warm, wind resistant and water repellent like no other. The steerhide is model 641. It is a little stiffer leather than the naked cowhide of the 141, more like a Vanson.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mtnrider said:
I have a 30 year old steerhide Schott Perfecto and it is a great jacket. Very warm, wind resistant and water repellent like no other. The steerhide is model 641. It is a little stiffer leather than the naked cowhide of the 141, more like a Vanson.
So did you find the fit to be true to size?

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mtnrider said:
Schott steerhide run small. My usual size is 40, my Perfecto is 44
Wow, that is a huge difference!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts