Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the hunt for a S4R and I found one.
48k km looks clean on pictures. Yet to see it in the flesh.

The clocks are broken, water damage and I need info on how all of it works.
Are the clocks just the tach, speedometer and warning lights, meaning the mileage and everything is stored in the ECU and connecting a new set of clocks would work OK?
Or is there something else going around?
The owner has all 3 keys, red and 2 blacks and says the bike runs without the dash. He also has a S4 and offered to fit her dash, but also ordered some other aftermarket one.

I'm now reading about the immobiliser and now I'm scared.

I think it's all the ecu and the dash is just the displays and lights. So if he has the red key and the bike runs (but not the blinkers/indicators) it should be all good. Thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, with the remodel of the site a lot of the links to old threads that discuss this are not working. I get that the immobiliser is a pain in the ass and that the gauge, key hole, ecu and keys need to be on the same page. The keys programmed and everything set.
Since the bike runs without the dash, what does that mean?
Is the immobiliser immobilised?
And could I hookup aftermarket dashes and have them display the true mileage, warning lights and diagnostics?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Water damage from what ? I hope we’re talking somewhere between dirt cheap and practically nothing here , 48k and water damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Water damage from rain collecting in the clocks. He wanted to open them up and drain them but during the process flipped them over and splashed the watter on to the circuit board. Or so he claims.
It's on the cheaper side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts