Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at Mother's Sunday morning for a shakedown cruise of my newly tweaked monster, and was in for a pleasent surprise.

Three young lady's at Mother's, two on Gixxer's, one on a 900 supersport, clad very becomingly in leather's. One in particular had a black and purple set of leather's that were very easy on the eyes. I have never seen a track ready suit look this good in my life.

An occurance like this should be more common, sadly it is rare.I hope this is a vision of things to come!

Saw Chad , he very kindly scrubbed in the sides of my new rear tire, pronounced my bike fit to ride. We met John, a new S4R rider, longtime Ducophile, and told him about the DML.

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
445 Posts
You know, the last time I was at Mother's I noticed the same thing. About the way certain leathers looked better than others, I mean. Seems that it may be becoming more of a common occurance, which is An Official Good Thing. A couple of the women I met a few weeks ago are on a bulletin board called raceher.com. I haven't gone there to check it out yet but it might be good to hang around there. One could pick up a new riding partner or two. From the way the conversation went I gathered that a lot of chicks have trouble finding male riding partners who are interested in just riding and that alone puts them off. Although, I would consider a biker girlfriend a major coup ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rideon, did you check out the sidestand? I was serious about breaking it in! The sidestand will touch down well before the edge of the tire (which I did not reach). It's not dramatic at all when it happens but it is there. It's odd that it seemed easier to hit the sidestand on your bike than the stock stand on mine ??? It seems that the sidestand will be the bane of Monster ground clearance forever unless you find a way to mount it higher :mad:

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Just took a quick peek at that website, here's a little clip:
-------------------------------
Intro

From Vision to Reality:
After several years of personal involvement in drag racing, I was surprised at how few publications and resources were targeted toward women in motor-sports; not just professional racers, but the common woman involved in this traditionally male dominated sport. So along with a few friends, we designed Raceher.com to provide those like us with an avenue to learn all we can about this "High Velocity" passion of ours. You will meet all of us in this issue and hopefully get to know us in forthcoming issues as well.

Our Mission:
Our mission is to provide you, our readers, with up to date news involving women in racing with emphasis on domestic rear wheel drive high performance cars. We plan to bring you reader profiles and photographs. .

Our Sponsors:
If you would like to advertise on our site, please email site admin for more information.
---------------------------

Certainly would be nice to see more lady riders, but it's a tough gig to hang out with most of the riding groups I've seen. Takes a special personality to pull it off.

One lady rider I'm acquainted with said it was difficult finding guys to ride with, as those who were 'attached' tended to get static at home over it. Right or wrong, that's part of the landscape.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Oh honey I am going riding with that girl again, my wife wouldn't care. Yea, right!

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just being at Mother's and having something more to look at besides Ducs, Prillers, Daytonas is great! I think riding with the set of leathers that I was referring to would cause you to crash out. You would definitely be looking at her weight shift set up for the turn and forget about steering yourself! ;D

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Oh honey I am going riding with that girl again, my wife wouldn't care. Yea, right!
Exactly!! my wife would throw a fit, and can you imagine if she saw them in the leathers, HA!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Hey guys, I'm sure I can speak for Chad here too.

Us single guys feel real bad for you. Really, we do. Really.
I wouldn't lie to you about that. Never ever.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Hmmmm, on the other side of coin, all those boys in leather on the Crest are mighty soothing to the eye....... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chad:

With regards to the ground clearance, could it be that my bike is set up for a certain amount of sag at a certain weight, and that you made my bike run lower? It does seem to be a bit soft since it came from the shop.

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Ummm...what exactly are you saying, Rideon?
;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was trying to be tactful, blaming soft settings. ;)

Rideon

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm not fat. I'm just big-boned.

Have you raised the rear ride height? And yeah, it's probably not set up as stiffly as mine.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CalRe: Scenery at Mother's

SoCalSar:

I haven't looked at my settings, but I stood it up in a turn on Mesa Grande on Sunday, I think due to the bike not being set up the same. (Couldn't be I hadn't ridden in 2 weeks, and was paranoid about the new road surface? Naw. )They changed fork oil and I may have gained some height on the front end, sagging the rear a bit. The bike does not feel as "flickable". Before it would fall into a turn, now it has to be pushed.

After two years of no mountain bike and riding the Duck, I am becoming "big boned" as well. Somehow I gotta get working out again! If i get any bigger they are gonna sentence me to cowboy chaps and an electraglide!

Rideon

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
I'm doing the Borrego loop this Saturday morning...is "Mothers" within that ride ??

Please help ! I am in need for some eye candy !!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mothers is a cafe on top of Mt. Palomar so if you guys are going up Palomar you will see what there is to be seen.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bad_dog:

You may wish to start a new thread to announce your ride to Borrego and suggest a start time/place. More people will see it!

The experiance at Mother's that day was quite unusual, hence the original post. There are much better places to hang for ze eye candy! Great place to view sport bikes that are ridden, however.

Would really like to meet you, I am sure we will connect. This Saturday all day I am in a seminar from 7:00 to 7:00. because of professional requirements. :-/

Have a great ride! Oh-by the way I got busted for crossing the double yellow between old julian and Ramona on the 76 (or is it the 78, the road between Ramona and San Ysabel?) last weekend by a CHP. I was actually happy with it because I was testing the upper RPM ranges of the bike in the top two gears! Man was I lucky! I don't think they have internet in the can!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Rideon,
Thanks for the heads up on Mother's.
You said that you got busted for the double yellow, but it sounds as though you did not get "written up" by the chippy.
Did you ?

My Borrego ride is planned by my Norton buddy, Jerry Doe.......I'll be with a mixed bag of bikes....Triumph ST (blue), Duc 748 (red), Guzzi (dark Silver), maybe a Norton or two and perhaps a couple of guys from North County S.D. Me...on my yellow S4.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are going to be a sight going down the road! The coolest rides around motoring down the highway. Wow. The sound from your group probably should be recorded.

The Chippie wrote me up for passing on the double yellow. Thank God he didn't see even part of the rest of it! He didn't yank my chain, either. A professional dude. After 39 years of scofflaw activity, I really appreciate that!

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts