Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we all do when you get a new bike. We order a new exhaust. In my case I ordered my SC Project before I even got the bike. However after the install I notice that she’s always fluctuating slightly at stoplights and never fully content at one RPM.. wondering if I need a map as the computer is confused and doesn’t know what’s going on. There are no check engine lights. Just don’t want any long term negative effects. Anyone else had this problem?

883601AA-622E-41D5-B7EF-E53C85CF0DEC.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi 707S, yes I have had the same problem,... mounted an S1 and my bike did the same.
I guess that because it has less backpressure like it has with the standard exhaust, the computer gets confused.
Because of the excessive noise I made a baffle and for now the problem is gone.(guess it got a little backpressure back)
But I am gonna get a Rapid Bike to get things sorted out and make it run as smooth as possible.
It does look way better with the SC in place !!! Very Nice !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to look for that rapid bike.. it’s similar to up map from Ducati I’m assuming?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ll have to look for that rapid bike.. it’s similar to up map from Ducati I’m assuming?
I think it is,.... but believe the difference is that Upmap provides you with fixed maps, you have to buy the dongle and get 1 map for free, and other maps you have to buy,...
As for Rapid Bike, it keeps on adjusting and looking for the optimum setting instead of having a set injection map.
So if you would change to another slip on or if you would add other headers it will adjust automatically

·
Registered
37 Posts
You could even consider to add an exhaust valve eliminator so that the valve will stay open or could be removed without getting an error when removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts