Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to do the sbk conversion, and as I'm gathering the bits and pieces and doing some research on the board, I've run into a few unanswered questions. I just bought a set of tin nitrade 998 showas, the forks also came with a set of upper/lower triples that i intended to use on the monster. However, I've run into a few posts that have warned people against this due to the offset of the triples which shortens the trail, neccesitates a steering damper, etc.....This potential headache makes me reconsider machining my stock pieces.
I initially wanted to use the sbk triples b/c of the simplicity of the top triple. I want something solid, w/ no open milling or handlebar clamps. Just a polished aluminum top piece, something like the setup on the current sport1000. I guess this leads to my question: Can I use a sport 1000 top triple, or is there another, similarly minimalist monster top triple out there that I can purchase and fit onto the sbk forks?
I threw in a pic of what I'm looking for so you get an idea.
Thanks ahead of time for all your help!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
620mblack/Ti avenger said:
milled down and painted

well that's pretty looking.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats pretty cool, a nice cheap solution. Have you thought about going one step further and welding in the holes? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CC top triple is nice, but I don't want anything w/ open mills. I think the best route for me to take is to mill the handlebar clamps off the stock triple and maybe take a trip to the metal shop I used to work for to fill in the holes left over from the hollow cast. Grind/sand it down and then polish it the way I want.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
620mblack/Ti avenger said:
angled shot

LOOKS GREAT!! im convinced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts