Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any know will SBK front forks fit on M800?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
do a search on the topic and you'll see it's not a straight swap. monster tripleclamp bores are 50/54 top/bottom. SBK tripleclamp bores are 53/53 top/bottom. so you need to either bore the top & shim the bottom OR get a replacement triple clamp for the top & shim the bottom, OR get custom triples top & bottom.

boring the top's not very highly recommended as there's not a whole lotta meat to give up, but there are folks who've done it. shimming the bottom's no biggie. cyclecat produces a top tripleclamp to suit the SBK forks on the monster and from what i understand, they also provide shims for the bottom. everything else (axle, calipers, etc...) should swap just fine if the forks you're looking at are from a '99+ SBK.

now... that all said, you may want to consider finding a set of forks off a higher end monster like the m900"S" or the mostner S4 since they're 3way adjustable and will fit all your existing stuff.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks S4strati!! my M800 front end is floating while the speed is hitting 90 - 100 mph. The bad thing of the stock one is not adjustable.

I am getting an upgrade for my 996 and swap the stock 996 fork to my M800.

your info is very valuable! thanks again! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts