Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mod fever! I have a 2001 M900.
What do I need to do this mod? I want to keep it simple as possible.
I noticed CYcle Cat has the top triple clamp but what about the bottom?

I would like to go with the newer SBK Nitrate coated forks. Will I need a new wheel and brakes?
are the SBK brakes much better?

THANKS!

G

·
I have a new set of gold nitrated SBK forks that were take offs.

We also have the Cycle Cat top triples with the lower triple shims in stock.

Give us a call if you are interested. We can sort out the type of brakes that you currently have. I don't think you will need to change wheels or brakes if you have the 65mm 2 pin calipers on your bike. If you have the 40mm, we have brackets to convert them over to 65mm.

G

·
the '01 should have the 25mm axle and 60mm caliper mounts. dude... this should be a relatively quick/easy swap! score on motowheels having the forks available ;)

ps - since the fork tube diameter's 53mm on the superbike forks, you're gonna need clip-ons too.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i just picked up a set of 2001 998 gold nitrated forks on ebay. now i need the 53mm cycle cat upper triple to replace my 50mm cycle cat triple. also, since i have dbr-13 cycle cat risers, hopefully they make a s25-53 riser take take it's place. i just bought these parts a few months ago before i decided to replace the forks... oh well, that's what ebay is for.

and definately make sure you get forks with the same caliper spacing as your stockers so you don't have to use the brackets.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if the SBK brakes are much better. I am very happy with the stockers w/ ss hoses I am running now.

In additon to adjustability, are the SBK forks much better once dial in?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm not trying to hyjack this thread but Magnus if you are getting rid of your 50mm Cyclecat bits, I would be interested if the price was right. I'll PM ya.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What year 9xx or 748 forks have the 65mm brake mounts?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I can highly recommend Ferodo pads. I use the fully sintered race compound on my bike, and these things bite. I just ran up at willow springs yesterday and they were awesome. You don't need 700 dollars worth of calipers and other BS, just get some good pads and you'll be set. As for the forks, I am doing the SBK conversion right now, as my newly ohlinized rear shows how poor the stock forks are.

G

·
Good pads make a huge difference for very little money. I'm using Carbone Lorraine pads on several of my bikes.

But I would not say converting over to better calipers or rotors as BS. Good calipers and rotors are worth every penny if you are willing to shell the money out. I've never heard of anyone saying their brakes were too good when they made a brake upgrade. Some people like to stop as fast as they can accelerate...

The value of brakes are measured not only in its ability to stop but the confidence that it inspires from its feedback. Ride a bike with Brembo Monoblocks and you will know what I mean. You can ride those brakes right up to the apex with no fear of washing out the front end. The stopping power is fantastic and very confidence inspiring.

The new 4 pad calipers are very good for the money. They stop and feel almost as good as brakes costing 7X as much.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What year/model SBK forks are all/mostly SILVER?
I need to know so I know what too look for. All silver would match my Cromo best.

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not trying to hyjack this thread but Magnus if you are getting rid of your 50mm Cyclecat bits, I would be interested if the price was right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts