Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in the midst of a separation from the Superchicken (a bike BigIan can tell you about) because I found another woman (see pics). The S4R is still my mistress, still safe in her garage. Red bikes for weekdays, blue bikes on weekends [laugh]

Attachments

G

·
well done joe [thumbsup]

awesome pics... we'll need a report after you really get an opportunity to put it through its paces...

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goldFiSh said:
well done joe [thumbsup]

awesome pics... we'll need a report after you really get an opportunity to put it through its paces...
I certainly plan to, but I've got to remember a good supply of earplugs. I got a splitting headache after 25 minutes of riding the twisties with this thing on the way home ;D Thank you, Ducati Performance.

Oh, and Ivan will be able to personally give you a ride report after his trip :police:

·
Registered
474 Posts
nice bike Joe.
i considered one of these before purchasing my monster.
they are really great bikes. sportsbike style with air-cooled engine simplicity and reliability.

i was surprised to learn ducati has dropped this bike from its 2007 range ???

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pepsduc said:
i was surprised to learn ducati has dropped this bike from its 2007 range ???
Well, I can understand why with the Sportclassic line doing well. The local dealership (Munroe Motors) hasnt had a Supersport in there for well over a year. Nobody seems to buy 'em here...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's a beauty!!

I was on a 749 and a S4R this weekend....S4R hands down ROCKS!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DUCMONROB said:
Very nice Joe! [thumbsup] Now if we do come and visit we can go for a ride on both bikes! [clap] [clap]

Rob
Hehe. That was the original purpose (well, one of them) of the SUperchicken. Now I have to be a bit more selective about who rides the loaner bike. Of course, I've seen you ride and you'd be OK :)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gr8ciehall said:
That's a beauty!!

I was on a 749 and a S4R this weekend....S4R hands down ROCKS!!
It's a great bike, if a bit punchy. The Testastretta is supposed to be more smooth. I was at Munroe Motors gawking at the new S4R Testastretta this weekend...gorgeous, even though it has a plastic tank :(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
desmoquattro said:
It's a great bike, if a bit punchy. The Testastretta is supposed to be more smooth. I was at Munroe Motors gawking at the new S4R Testastretta this weekend...gorgeous, even though it has a plastic tank :(
The shop here in Bend is closed on Mondays, but had planned on going on Tuesday to take a closer look at your "new wife". It really is beautiful. Plastic.....Barbie on Fire. LOL ;D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gr8ciehall said:
The shop here in Bend is closed on Mondays, but had planned on going on Tuesday to take a closer look at your "new wife". It really is beautiful. Plastic.....Barbie on Fire. LOL ;D
Hehe....I wish the S4R Testastretta was my new wife [laugh]

I didn't know Bend had a Ducati dealer. But with all the money flowing into the area I can see how that would happen. Is it a big shop?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Thinking of cheatin already?! LOL. The shop isn't too terribly big, I'll take a couple pics of the shop and post. I'm not sure how long it's been here as I have only been introduced to the ducati world within the past 5 months. (I was looking into Honda's before, don't throw eggs!) Bend's housing market is ridiculously overpriced. They got condo's up for $300,000. So it's no surprise that they would finally get a dealer over here. However, the gal that works there was telling me they had 12% of the market.....but who knows. I do know whenever I'm in there they seem to be "busy".

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Oh, and Ivan will be able to personally give you a ride report after his trip :police:
Thank you so much Joe ! and to think that some aussies might have questioned the Americans degree of hospitality for their fellow coalition brethren ! ;D

I mean, you shouldn't have, but OK, I know I'll feel more comfortable on a Duc than a Jap any day [thumbsup]

Ride report will be done...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Hehe. That was the original purpose (well, one of them) of the SUperchicken. Now I have to be a bit more selective about who rides the loaner bike. Of course, I've seen you ride and you'd be OK :)

Thats realy nice of you Joe, thanks buddy!

I think I will have to make the effort next year to get to San Fran. Already spoke to Lisa about this and she agrees! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
gr8ciehall said:
Thinking of cheatin already?! LOL. The shop isn't too terribly big, I'll take a couple pics of the shop and post. I'm not sure how long it's been here as I have only been introduced to the ducati world within the past 5 months. (I was looking into Honda's before, don't throw eggs!) Bend's housing market is ridiculously overpriced. They got condo's up for $300,000. So it's no surprise that they would finally get a dealer over here. However, the gal that works there was telling me they had 12% of the market.....but who knows. I do know whenever I'm in there they seem to be "busy".
The Beverly Hills shop is like a hole in the wall. I expected a flash shop being in the Hollywood area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Hey, no problem...as long as that ride report doesn't look anything like the Snowy Ride Report :eek:
::) :eek: No chance. It will look completely different. [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.