Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave up my ride weekend (7/19 - 7/20) to catch up on personal business so I've not been out riding for 2 weeks. I'd like to get a ride in either this coming week (Tuesday 7/22 is out and same with Thurs 7/24). I have family arriving from out of town on the 26th in the afternoon so I'm thinking of doing a short/medium ride leaving around 8 a.m. or so out of Los Gatos - doing Hwy 152/Uvas Rd or something like that in the morning.

Any takers? Geezer? I know we've done that route before - wouldn't mind doing that ride route in the morning if you're up to it.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm planning a short (relatively?) ride down by Uvas/152 on Saturday morning. I'd like to leave around 8:30 a.m. (I have to be back by 1:30 p.m. or so). Plan on meeting at Starbucks in Los Gatos.

S

·
0 Posts
Daffe, I did that exact same route down to Monterey last Saturday. Lots of traffic on 152, but that was at around 2 pm. I would go..but I have done that route two weekends in a row now...back from Laguna, and then just for fun last week. Seriously though..watch for the wild turkeys on Uvas! Have fun!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks! I'm planning on leaving around 8:30 a.m. should be light traffic there (unless I hit the commuter traffic).

how big are those wild turkeys? if i hit one, will it tip the bike over?

S

·
0 Posts
"Tip" the bike over.. :-/ I don't know about that, but they are no small potatos. I'd say the size of a medium sized dog, with feathers. Not really resembling a potato at all.

Geezer, I will be doing some riding this weekend, I'm thinking of doing Doc Wong on Sunday. The topic is bike:body positioning..how to be zen on the bike. It's always fun because you get at least 50 other riders together, and I'm in the slow group..which I found very very managable. I may move up one group this time. My Saturday is open though. ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Wah! i was out of commission last weekend, and will be down in Santa Barbara via khar starting tomorrow until Monday. going to miss another opportunity to Monster-bond. ;_;

keep riding, and one of these weeks i'll catch up with you guys. well, figuratively, will try literally but you might have to wait for me at stop points. ;)

97 miles on the 620, 2 weeks. need. ride. time!

cheers!
~B~

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Daffe,

I need to get down to Montery one of these weekends (there is shop/gallery there that I want to visit). I was wondering if your Saturday morning trip would get me headed in that direction or not. If so, I think I might join you!

Thanks,

Borg Girl

S

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm out for a Sat ride and probably sunday too. playing volleyball tonight I sprained my ankle bad and am on crutches with a semi cast thingy. sucks.. :( went up for a block and the guy on the other side of the net landed on my ankle. see ya all later!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd be available for a ride Saturday, but it would have to be a later departure time.
About 11AM. Let me know-

Sarah- sorry to hear about your ankle. Elevation, ice and Tylenol? Oh well, get better soon!
Cesar.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
ok daffie and borg_girl we still meeting at Starbucks at 8:30 am. is that the one at Blossom Hill and Los Gatos Blvd?

Ceser, I'll cruz by your house after the morning ride for an afternooner.

any questions?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great ride today! only 2 of us today (Steve Morse and myself)... missed each other at the start point but managed to get together on Hwy 9 b/t Saratoga & the Crossroads.

Route: Hwy 9 from Saratoga to the Crossroads. Took 9 all the way to Felton and made a R-onto Felton Empire Rd. A few cages on the roads today! Went straight on through to Ice Cream Grade then made a R-onto Bonny Dune. Great route today! (maybe 3 cars max on that road!)

managed to lean the monster over pretty far to the edge of the tire on the 2nd to last turn before Hwy 1.

Turned north and ate at Pescadero. Chilly there (around 58 degrees or so on the coast). Then turned north again - took a R-on Bean Hollow Rd - then onto Pescadero Creek Rd. Caught Pescadro Rd then onto La Honda Rd (Hwy 84) to Alices - blew through Alice's and took it to the 3-way intersection (La Honda/Woodside/Portola Rds) -

R-onto Portola then L-onto Mountain Home Rd to Woodside and to 280.

Bonny Dune had NO cages on it! It was GREAT! (as did Pescadero Creek Rd). WAs nice on the coast (high 50s or so) but hot when I got back in town (mid 80s). all in all, nice low key ride with some spirited riding as well.

Steve took his RS1150S on the ride- was a really tricked out bike when I stopped to look at it!

Anyone else go riding today?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I just went riding to Marin Ducati to take my Monster in for it's 6000 mile service. It's a nice 100 mile ride from Sacramento, and it was so cool in the Bay Area it was great to get away from the heat for a little while!

So, my sparkly monster is sitting in Marin until next Saturday :'(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts