Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next Monster ride will be Saturday, August 16. We'll meet at Cycle Gear in Pleasanton (say 9:00) and ride to the top of Mt. Diablo, then down the north side, through Concord, east on March Creek Road, back to Livermore on Vasco, then run through a few interesting roads near Livermore and Dublin. Total distance from start until lunch is very close to 100 miles.

You'll need to bring $4.00 to get into Mt. Diablo State Park, hopefully all collected by the leader before the ride starts. Lunch will be back in Pleasanton or Dublin at the end of the ride.

Anybody who wants more riding can get details of many other interesting roads at lunch.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, route #1.

The entrance fee was always $4.00, but they temporarily reduced it to $2.00 for about a year. We were just lucky last time.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Hey...I'm interested in going! I might bug out at Concord to head back to Sacramento, where is lunch planned?

Hey,since I work for State Parks, I can at least get the fee waived for me!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Scott, nice pictures thank you.... Yes count me in, I believe my friend with the R6 will come as well.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey...I'm interested in going! I might bug out at Concord to head back to Sacramento, where is lunch planned?

Hey,since I work for State Parks, I can at least get the fee waived for me!
Lunch will be in Pleasanton, probably at my favorite Chinese restaurant.

If you can get the fee waived, we'll make you the leader when we get to the gate. Maybe you can get a deal for the rest of us. ;)

If you need to head back to Sacramento, you should at least stick with us until we get to Vasco Road, then take Highway 4 out to I-5, or maybe the more scenic Highway 160 along the river.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I'll work on the fee thing... ;)

And who knows, maybe I'll stay along for the full ride back to Pleasanton so I can enjoy lunch, too!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
bugs... you can always get a shield that has tear-off posts and use tear-offs. that way, you don't have to squeegie your shield every 30 min.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I've got the tear off posts on my shield :D, it's not so bad cleaning my helmet...it's cleaning the bugs out of my Monster's radiator that gets me crazy.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's not so bad cleaning my helmet...it's cleaning the bugs out of my Monster's radiator that gets me crazy.
Just leave the bugs on the bike. It adds character. ;)

I leave them on my riding gear too. It shows that I actually get out and ride. 8)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Man...maybe I'm just too much of a geek. I spend so much on my gear that within a week from any trip, I've got out the Vanson leather balm and I'm cleaning up my jacket, boots and gloves! They look nearly new..exce't the soles of my boots are almost compeltely worn down...time to replace I'm afraid!

Thinking about the Daytona Lady stars...could use another inch or so in height.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
you take better care of your gear than most of us so it will last you a long time! btw, you can look at the New Rock boots - very tall sole! DucTerm told me he has ridden the monster with those boots and didn't have any problems.

B

·
0 Posts
i can make this one!

^_^

and i'm even familiar with the CycleGear in Pleasanton!
see you soon!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts