Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I would love to go for a ride. It was nice just being able to go for that short ride last night. Any ideas of where you want to go? I am gonna look at the list that I posted that was made up by mnsportbike. Maybe we can find something new and exciting..

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
hey Retro- maybe you can "test ride" a bike from Primo tomorrow? I wonder how long you could take one out for?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I really wouldnt mind doing something different. Do you have web access outside of work? If not I will PM you my cell# and we can talk later tonight when we get shiit figured out. Otherwise plan on Bobs Java hut around 9:30.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am up for something different. Whatever, I just want to ride tomorrow and be back to Primo for free lunch. What if we try to leave by 9:30?

I don't have web access, Kevin does I think. I'll PM ya my number.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
hey ho's- sorry I missed you this morning! I slept through my alarm. No more yanky my wanky Dong need food!
So I got there about 1015. Sat there like a goon drinking my coffee and there were like 2 other bikes. So I went around the lakes and checked out the babes. I wish I was physically (and mentally) fit enough to actually run out there. Lots of cuties. I know I got a girl, but its kinda like being on a diet- look but dont touch.
Hope you had a good ride. Maybe tomorrow we can ride again?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Today's ride started out great but ended up a bit of a mess.

Matt wrecked his bike on "O". Went off the road into the creek. He is fine (when we saw him last) a little banged up but his bike is trashed.

I think there is a ride planned for tomorrow around 9:30 or 10:00 am.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Thats the shiity one with the gravel shoulder isnt it? I bet I know where it happened, I almost biffed in that same spot.
Hope you are doing ok Matt. Let us know wht happened, if your gear held up etc..

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
O was also the start of the Chili feed Harley thing this weekend. Can't imagine that road with drunkerts on it also.

Matt I hope you are in one piece and ok. Let us know how you are doing. The bike is replaceable, you arn't.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It didn't happen where you guys think. It was about 3 to 4 miles in from the Hwy 10 side. I talked to his wife last night and she said he was ok, a little banged up w a couple of broken ribs. His Cordura jacket and helmet were unscarred from what I saw. I don't think he hit anything until he and his bike hit the drink.

·
Registered
223 Posts
"o" f*ck is right!

this is the spot where it happened.

i took some pictures (and stayed dry) while trent jumped in the creek and moved matt's bike. i always wondered what those sissy handles were for - now i know.

hey matt, we're happy that you're still with us!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks guys. I feel like an idiot - but happy that I'm not really hurt. The bike is trashed.

I was not going very fast - I am not familliar with this area and because of the gravel I was riding fairly easy. I entered the corner and I could feel the front washing out, I braked as hard as I could and all I felt was the feeling of flying and grass, then water. Between the road and the river it was I think a 20 ft or so drop (maybe 20-30 feet across) with a lot of rocks/stumps in the middle. So I really did a superman. The bike hit at least one rock on the way down - dont know what happened to me. The dr. couldnt find any broken bones - although someone more experienced is going to look at the xrays today. I did have some blood in my urine - so they want me in later today to check me out a bit more. I feel ok now - just sore - my left shoulder/neck/bicep area is more/less numb. I thought I broke some ribs - but at this point I dont know. Everyone involved said I was extremely lucky that I was not hurt more - imagine if I was knocked out & ended up in the river! Or if my body hit the rocks or was impaled by the sticks/stumps! My jacket (Joe Rocket), gloves and helmet really did their job. The gear is dirty & stinky but it looks like I could just throw it back on. I do not have one visible bruise, I have a couple of scatches on one of my calves but even my left (numb) shoulder looks fine - just a couple of marks. My neck is a bit sore - although I think it's OK.

I am so lucky. Wear your protective stuff - you never know when you'll need it. I dont know what I did wrong. No idea. I've been on bikes since I was 5 - which is 25 years with MX racing thrown in when I was a teen. Maybe some of it had to do with me knowing how to crash from my MX days - I dont know.

The guy who pulled my bike out told me he pulls bikes and cars out of there all of the time. He said it's not uncommon & feels the road is a menace. I guess he told the friendly officer that they should do something, especially when thousands of drunken folk would be riding the road on their HD's.

Thanks Trent/Sasha for sticking around & helping out. I'm so glad I was not alone. I'd be interested in the photos if possible ([email protected] is my email addy).

My insurance agent is probably going to kill me - I just got it running again after it was totalled a few short months (and a few thousand miles) ago. Funny - the cops thought I stole the bike because the VIN/License plate info didnt come up with me/my bike! I had to drive home after the hospital then back down (about 1.5 hrs each way) with my documents. In the end it looks like some idiot mis-keyed something.

Thanks all for your kind words.

R

·
0 Posts
Matt first off, glad you are here........I was happy that the first report had you okay......but it seemed so shitty to me that you just got your bike back and then this happens....just bites!
I have been down "O" many times and I have heard many stories of accidents there and always wondered. Hearing that you weren't going fast and don't even know what happened just adds to the
mystery of "O". Take it easy...get well...I'm glad you were not alone too.....aloha,
retro

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
glad to hear you are ok Matt. That blows though! The worst part is that I never even got a chance to ride with you! Well, on second thought that is probably a good thing for you. Take it easy, get healthy, and get a new bike. We still have at least a month of riding left!
Oh, a hint for you to win pitty points next time, say that you swerved to miss some kittens that were in the middle of the road. :eek: I found that the truth can be embarassing at times. :-[
glad you are still with us-T

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
did you guys read this? after everything that's happened i'm gonna think twice before going out on a long ride by myself.

http://startribune.com/stories/462/4088148.html
I decided that this was worth sharing with everyone. If I would have known about it, I would have gone out there to help look too. It doesnt really say why he couldnt get to the road for help though. He wasnt unconcious if he was able to take his leathers off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts