Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got mine and it doesn't fit the tank recess well at all.
Anyone else had this problem? It's going back. This
is the second seat the first was for a ST4. Not a happy
camper.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Did you get it direct from Sargent? I had absolutely no problems with mine - but I don't have the fancy shmancy S4R.

I like mine - if you get the right one - I think you will like it.

Are you sure they are making one for the S4R already? I know it took a little while to get the one for the S4 out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes got it right from Sargent. I asked them to check if it
would fit a SR4 and still got a seat for ST4. I have little
confidence they know what a S4R is. 5 week later and $350
less I am still waiting to see if a S4 and S4R use the same seat.

G

·
the s4r's frame is different than the s4's (or other monsters for that matter) but i doubt ducati would bother redesigning the seat or tank for the new bike.

i'd clarify with sargent that the seat's for an '01+ monster. maybe they sent you an earlier model's unit?

another thing is the sargent sits flush against the recess, but doesn't completely fill it the way the stocker does.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I kept my Sargent off my 01 M900S and put it on my S4R this weekend. Fit perfect. Right up against the tank and full clearance under the seat. I took a chance if it would fit and it worked out fine.

G

·
given BPT's reply here, i've gotta guess that they sent you a '99- seat for some reason or other while you'd require an '01+ seat. any confirmation mark? part number on the seat or something like that to identify it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts