Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my sargent seat installed over the weekend, and, well, the "boys" are much happier and the seat seams much more comfortable. and the yellow piping looks great. Only got about 50 miles in.

? is the cowling. It's really hard to put on and I don't like the way it looks with this seat. Not as clean as with the OEM seat.

thoughts?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wonder if Sargent changed the way they make the seat(?) I have a two-year-old Sargent, the passenger section looks exactly the same as the stock saddle, and the cowl fits perfectly.

Odd...

Jeff

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
can you take a pic or describe how it doesn't fit as well? is it too wide? does it stick up a little in the back?

i got a cowl from Spareshack, and not only did the mounting screws and brackets not fit, it doesn't hug the seat like the ones at the dealer do. it sticks out an inch or 2 on each side, and the back part is raised off the seat about 1/2 an inch. maybe i got the wrong cowl in the first place...

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Thanks for the heads up... >

I was thinking about getting a Sargent seat. Please keep us posted.
I suppose you could use your 30 day warranty and send it back and have the passenger part colored like the cowl. ;)

O

·
0 Posts
i have a sargent seat and the fit between the seat and cowl is the same as with the stock seat.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I got a Sargent a year ago in March. It was pretty tight under the cowl, and I just left the cowl on the Sargent and switched to the original seat when I needed the passenger seat(had to fab up a copy of the latch plate). But now after a little break-in time the cowl goes on and off easier - still snug, but much better than when new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts