Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept. 12, 13, 14 - a group of motorcyclists from San Diego will be up in the Azusa/ACH area to do some riding. At least 3 Monster owners. It would be cool to hook up with our Northern SoCal friends for some riding in your neck of the woods.

Does anybody want to take part?

Mark

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'd be interested....keep me/us posted I'm sure we can hook up. We setup a ride just a while back and had about 9 monsters.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
What, ride with you skanks from San Diego? I'd rather have my eyes pecked out by hummingbirds! ;D ;D ;D

Absolutely, positively, count me in. We can cook up some excellent rides.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick,

My brother Matt, his buddy Will, and maybe Marc Sahai (ST2) along with a couple Monster dudes are planning a "trip" - we'll crash in a hotel somewhere and do some good riding outside of the home area. It should be cool! Even if ACH and the usual suspects are busy, it'd be cool to do them just to say "I"ve been there" !

Mark

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
It's been a long while since I rode ACH, don't know how crowded it is. We rode the Rock Store / Latigo Canyon two weekends ago on Saturday, and it was fantastic. Word was that the Rock Store is packed on Sundays.
We're doing Glendora Ridge this weekend, I think we can construct the optimum loop.

BTW, I know a pizza place in Eagle Rock (west of Pasadena) that IMHO, has the best pizza on the planet. We'd have to be timely on arrival there Saturday nite to avoid starving while we wait, but it's really good food. Of course, they've got all the traditional italian stuff too.

This is gonna be rockin'. ;D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rain, rain, rain. On your parade. That's all I got. The powers that is have completely jacked up the itinerary/region/etc. Straight from the horse's (my brother's) mouth:

Thursday Sept. 11:
We're going to ride the 5 up to the 101 to LA where
we'll get off at Sunset. Killer curvy road through LA
to the 1. Then we'll take the 1 to Topanga Cyn to
"old" Topanga Cyn. And from there we'll turn on
Mullholland Hwy and cruise by the Rock Store. Down
Latigo Cyn to the 1 and head to either Santa Barbara
or San Luis. (depends on where we get
reservations...)

Friday Sept. 12:
We're going up to Hearst Castle to see the most
amazing display of early 20th Century American Wealth.
Bling, bling indeed. Back down to either SB or San
Luis.

Saturday Sept. 13:
We'll ride down the beautiful 166 to 33 to 150 to the
101. Lots of cool, mountainous twisties and vistas.
Then make the trek back home.

So...

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
:(

Sheeooo...leave early if you're staying in San Luis.
Sounds like a fun ride.
Ride safe, we'll catch you next time.

P.S. You girls have fun at Hearst Castle, now. ;D

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As it turns out, they're all leaving Thursday, and I just can't take the time off of work, so I'll be missing it too. Sniff. Maybe they'll include me one of these times...

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts