Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is up for Palomar and surrounding fun stuff on Sun?
My friend and I will be coming up from Poway through West Lilac and Couser to Palomar.

G

·
Hey Bill....I wish I could. I will be out of town pedal pushin' this weekend. I was trying to join you last Tuesday, but I had to build some stamina for a bike ride and didn't get back in time. I had to get my fix today. Roads and skies were clear up there! Keep me posted.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, we are planning on leaving Poway by 9:00 and doing an out-and-back warm up on Highland valley. Then we will head up the 15 to West Lilac (great road that I just discovered) to Couser Canyon. Gas at Pala and up the tight side Palomar. We are planning on doing the tight side a couple of times so if you head up that way we will probably be there around mid day.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
superduc:

Pedal pushin? could you elaborate? Are you a roadie or trailie?

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a group of 4 so far, 2 R1s and 2 Ducs.
We are meeting at the Starbucks in the Target Plaza on Ted Williams Prkwy and Pomerado. We will meet at 8:30 and be on the road by 9:00

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
DTM:

Where is ted williams parkway and pomerado?

Thanks in advance.

Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, Ted Williams Parkway is the 56 freeway once it goes East of the I-15. Pomerado runs north-south about 2mi. east of the I-15

The meeting spot is a big Target strip mall right in Poway.
About 3 miles south of Highland Valley road and the start of the ride.

If you are coming from central San Diego you would come up the 15 going north and get off at Ted Williams / 56 freeway and go east or right. Go about 3-4 miles and you will come to Pomerado and the Target. If you are coming from north county San Diego like the 78 or anywhere north of Rancho Bernardo you would go 15 south and get off at Camino Del Norte and go east or left. Go about 3-4 miles and you will hit Pomerado and the Target.

If I remember correct I think you are in Encinitas. I would suggest going through Rancho Sante Fe on to Del Dios Hwy (kind of a fun road when there is no traffic) to the 15. Then just go south on the 15 about 7 miles to Camino del Norte like I said earlier. You can always call me at ( 858 ) 229-0590
Bill

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Maybe I can meet you guys up there later, I got a bunch o stuff to do first.

BTW thats 1000 baby ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we should be up on the hill, providing the roads are good, for a while like 10:30-12:30 or so.

I think Rideon tried to call me yesterday cause I got a (760) missed call on my phone. If he goes that will be his S4, my friends S4R, two R1s, and me on my old M900. Man, Im gonna have some bike envy :p

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
My mother warned me about riding with people with exposed belts!!!! ;D

Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, my bike is definately quirky, ppoitras said the popping and barking it makes on deceleration sounded like a helicopter coming through the canyon. ;D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome!! the rain has stopped so it should have a few hours of sun to dry out today and then hopefully be dry by the time we get on it in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, cold as hell in the AM (50 degrees) warming to high 60's. might be a bit windy.Subtract 10 degrees for mother's.

Your weatherman,
Rideon

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont really know what happened to Rideon, he started with us on Highland Valley and then took off???

Anyway, it was a nice ride with just a little water here and there.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
To DTM and Superducs, assorted R1's and cruisers:

You guys are awesome! Riding with you is very fun. Highland valley road EATS BIKES. It ate mine, it ate Bill's. Water on highland is always a possiblity, on Sunday it was there way too much. My pucker factor went way up! Had to split.

after I left your group,I rode out to Julian, had breakfast with the fam, went to palomar, then down Banner, back to Highland when it was dry. Shredded the road. Had a great time. My bike legs are back. A dry twisty road is a happy road!

Look forward to riding with you in the future, if that is OK. Have a great week!

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts