Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 2002 M750 for cheap. It "looks" like the only damage is to the tank...both sides. I haven't got in touch with the owner yet, but it runs and he claims it's "an easy fix" in the ad. Any advice as to what problems I sould look for? I'm new to bikes, and at the price of the bike(which is about all I can afford at present), I'm tempted to overlook the dents and just ride it until I find a tank on eBay or get it repaired. Also wondering if anyone has experience with insurance on a salvaged bike. Higher rates? Tougher to get insured? Thanks in advance.

JDG

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check your state laws on salvaged and pre salvage titles call your highway patrol if you can get a copy of the title and fax it to them to be safe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your state laws on salvaged and pre salvage titles call your highway patrol if you can get a copy of the title and fax it to them to be safe
Thanks, I just checked that. Besides the vehicle inspection and light and brake inspection not too much else is needed. I'm more concerned about insurance.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Most of the time you can only get liability only on a salvaged bike.It is what I have on my salvaged bikes ,oh and uninsured motorist.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Most of the time you can only get liability only on a salvaged bike.It is what I have on my salvaged bikes ,oh and uninsured motorist.
Thanks for the info. I finaly talked to the owner....it needs alot of work. Throttle control, headlight, tank, handlebars and a right rear set. Lots of parts. He wants $1800 for it, I think that's too much. I think $1000 would be more realistic. Opinions? Anyone have those parts?

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Thanks for the info. I finaly talked to the owner....it needs alot of work. Throttle control, headlight, tank, handlebars and a right rear set. Lots of parts. He wants $1800 for it, I think that's too much. I think $1000 would be more realistic. Opinions? Anyone have those parts?

you tell him to go f*ck himself for 1800. You can buy a perfectly running one with a clean title for about 3k. I would offer him less than 1k....right around 500-700 bucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made an offer of $800 and he laughed and told me no thank you. So I guess I'll forget it. Bummer. I'll keep looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts