Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Icon TiMax Gloves - SALE CANCELED

Joe Rocket Phoenix Gloves - SOLD!

Joe Rocket Boots - SOLD! Thanks Count Desmo!

Joe Rocket Magnetic Tank Bag - SOLD! Thanks oldschool55!

Joe Rocket Backpack - SOLD! Thanks Rob!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: Gloves, Boots, TankBag, Backpack

Count Desmo said:
I'm interested in th boots if they're waterproof. Let me know.
CanuckDucEh! is first in line for the boots. If he doesn't take them, you'll be next.

I'm not sure they are waterproof, though. I'll try to find out.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

No problem. I already have 2 pair, so I don't really need more, but if they are wp they'll fill a niche. Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Okay...The queue for the boots is as follows:
CanuckDucEh!
Count Desmo
c_rex
ducati culture

And, FWIW, they have a tag on them that says "Dry Tech Waterproof", so I'm going to assume that they're at least sorta water resistant ;)

·
Registered
4,494 Posts

kerplode said:
And, FWIW, they have a tag on them that says "Dry Tech Waterproof", so I'm going to assume that they're at least sorta water resistant ;)
Thats what I'm looking for. Let me know what the first guy decides so I can Paypal the funds to you.

-Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

MichMonsterS4 said:
do you have pics of the bag on the monster?. and the JR gloves, is that titanium and vented for like warmer weather?
thanks, MM
I actually didn't use this bag on the monster 'cause the S2R has a plastic tank. I had used it on my VFR800 prior to getting the S2R. It's pretty good for a day trip or running around town. There are three big magnets in each flap plus a strap for the steering stem, so it holds on pretty well. I never had a problem with the bottom scratching the paint, but the carry handle rubbed like crazy so I chopped it off. It just wasn't in a good spot. They should have put it on the side so it rested on the magnet flap instead of the tank. The rain cover was this huge stiff plastic monstrosity with a big rubber band. It was really awkward to use and it consumed almost the entire internal volume of the bag, so you really couldn't take it anywhere. I stashed it somewhere, but don't remember where that somewhere is.

The JR Phoenix gloves are mesh/leather on the top and leather on the palms. They're intended for warm weather. The silvery armor on the knuckles/thumb are a hard fibre mesh (CF or Fiberglass). There's no Ti. FWIW, I really like these...They're super comfortable and don't put my fingers to sleep like my other JR gloves do.

The TiMax gloves are all leather and have Ti plates on the knuckles and fingers and Ti studs on the palms. These are pretty comfortable, too, but they're a bit stiffer than the Phoenix. I guess the leather is thicker, which is probably good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Count Desmo said:
Received my boots today. This guy is as good as his word! Better than described with super-fast shipping! [thumbsup]
Awesome! Glad you like 'em.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I'll cover the shipping costs for the remaining items...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts