Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a tip from an Instagram friend,..... (Thanks Jimmy !!)
does it apply to your bike ??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got same letter for my 2021 monster 821. Local San Francisco dealer doesn’t have parts in stock and they said they’ll call me when they know eta.
FYI: Pro Italia in the LA area is expecting parts arrival in the 2nd or 3rd week of August.
It's apparently a full replacement of the rear brake lines, and so is a several-hour job.

·
Registered
35 Posts
FYI: Pro Italia in the LA area is expecting parts arrival in the 2nd or 3rd week of August.
It's apparently a full replacement of the rear brake lines, and so is a several-hour job.
Thanks for reply. It’s my first brand new Ducati and never dealt with service department. I’m probably asking stupid question, but is there loaner bike service gives until they fix it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for reply. It’s my first brand new Ducati and never dealt with service department. I’m probably asking stupid question, but is there loaner bike service gives until they fix it?
I've never heard of loaner bikes, but my experience is limited to three shops. Others may know better.
Perhaps you'll be able to sweet-talk them into lending you a demo bike? Or doing a tight same-day turnaround while you watch a cup of coffee evaporate?

Since I'll have to leave my bike overnight, and I live about 35 miles from the dealer, Uber is going to do well in the transaction.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never heard of loaner bikes, but my experience is limited to three shops. Others may know better.
Perhaps you'll be able to sweet-talk them into lending you a demo bike? Or doing a tight same-day turnaround while you watch a cup of coffee evaporate?

Since I'll have to leave my bike overnight, and I live about 35 miles from the dealer, Uber is going to do well in the transaction.
Got it. I live around 55 miles from dealer and Considering California traffic, it takes 1.5 hours to get there in a good day. So coming back Uber probably will be $100-$120. I don’t think loaner bike even exists the term but was just asking 😂

·
Registered
31 Posts
Got it. I live around 55 miles from dealer and Considering California traffic, it takes 1.5 hours to get there in a good day. So coming back Uber probably will be $100-$120. I don’t think loaner bike even exists the term but was just asking 😂
It won't hurt to call them to discuss options. If they had to tow the bike in, it would cost them a fortune. Maybe they have some flexibility, especially since they're fixing a problem of their creation?

·
Registered
35 Posts
It won't hurt to call them to discuss options. If they had to tow the bike in, it would cost them a fortune. Maybe they have some flexibility, especially since they're fixing a problem of their creation?
Thanks for the advice. Will give them a call tomorrow if there’s any chance of ride back even would help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts