Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up a monster S4RS.
Ayny reason not too?
Is everyone still happy with their S4RS?
Is the new monster 1100 a better all around bike?
thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Unless you really like the looks of the new monsters....id get the S4RS too.
(and i have had only 2-valvers)

more power, and better suspension
more aftermarket parts available too

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same decision to make two months back. The S4rs, which was the top of the line and I'd always dreamt of it...and the other one, which seemed to perform well but stylistically for me, doesn't quite do it. Nice, but lacking something. It doesn't move me like the S4rs. And I told myself that if I was going to spend that kind of money on a bike I wanted to keep around, I better well feel that emotional connection to it. I just knew it was the bike I wanted. I like the feeling as well of knowing my bike was the top of the line, state of the art. It's a nice feeling. I love how it rides, has power that can scare me, amazing brakes, and is pretty comfy. Only thing I hate is the right foot position. It hits he exhaust. Lame. I'll get Boomtubes to allow me to fix my right foot position, save weight, show off that beautiful wheel, and I'll be happy as a clam.

Joel

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I absolutely love mine and haven't had any issues

·
Registered
74 Posts
>I absolutely love mine

yeah... me too. Addicted to it, actually. People that have never even noticed motorcycles tell me how outrageous it is. It just drops jaws. And it is as about as subtle as a bag of hammers when you get on the gas. I guess it's just all the air and the more upright position, and the noise, but it is just intense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Definitely the s4rs.. I've had one for over 16k miles/2yrs and still find myself walking into the garage just to look at it. Plus the bike it so much fun to ride--power and sound. And if you need a little more encouragement.. here is a pic that may help :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an s4r, not the testa engine but still a beast in its own right (i think 116hp opposed to 130?) I love the bike, it is my second bike after my 250. Yea im an overconfident asshole, but i love the thing and has been nothing but a joy to ride. The classic look of the original monster with the shotgun exhaust is just legendary in my opinion. And i never road the testa engine but mine is just literally "a MONSTER". I remember the first few months i had it at the beginning of the summer i pulled out of the motorcycle dealer, and went to get on it a little just to speed up to get up to speed since i hate having fast moving cars coming up my ass as im getting on the highway, and the front end just stood right up. Talk about instant hard on. haha Get the S4rs

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought a 07 S4RS out of Cali...without seeing it first:eek: It was at a dealer, had lots of aftermarket and factory parts, less than 3K miles and less than $10K. I've had it for 6 months now and no problems and no regrets.

Mahalo
AZDuc

1 - 20 of 36 Posts