Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone ;D

Any of you guys happen to know what the exact paint code is for the pearlesant white of the new S4RS? Our Ducati dealers over here don't seem to know ???

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
s2rslovakia said:
According to workshop manual:
Perla: *0040 PPG
Fondo: 490.019 PPG
Transparente: 228.880 PPG
Hey mate, many thanks for this. 'Fondo' is Italian for 'bottom' right? Is what they're giving here the whole shebang then? Base colour, the white and then I'm guessing 'Transparente' is some sort of laquer?

Or am I talking utter p*sh? [laugh]

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
eonan said:
Hey mate, many thanks for this. 'Fondo' is Italian for 'bottom' right? Is what they're giving here the whole shebang then? Base colour, the white and then I'm guessing 'Transparente' is some sort of laquer?

Or am I talking utter p*sh? [laugh]
Isn't the S4RS a white pearl? If so the Fondo would be the white base and Perla would be the "pearl". You would clear over that. It makes it a tri-coat.

Good luck getting the 4 digit color. I haven't had much luck with them, but maybe overseas it is possible. Those codes correspond to the PPG "Global" paint systems.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ducpainter :) I'm going to see the paint guys tomorrow when I pick up the frame, so I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually ducpainter (or anyone else ;))...the plan is to re-spray our tank to the design of the S4RS (white with red stripe). Someone had mentioned something about there being a sticker kit available? I'm guessing it would be a set of coloured stripes.

I'm just wondering whether you had any experience of this, whether it looked any good etc? Or would you recommend getting the whole thing properly sprayed?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Ducati offers the stripe for the S4RS. It can be sprayed. There is not a color code for the stripe however

I personally prefer sprayed stripes.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean they offer the stripe as a sticker? Or as a mask to be sprayed?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
eonan said:
You mean they offer the stripe as a sticker? Or as a mask to be sprayed?
To the best of my knowledge it is a vinyl stripe.
Ducati has done it different ways over the years. S*Rs are vinyl. I believe the S's are too.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for your help ducpainter :)

I picked up the frame yesterday (photos to follow on the 'Re-Build Update' thread), and the paint guys reckoned they could spray the sripes no problem...we'll see ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts