Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cousin owns a 998 and I have an S4RS. He would like to get rid of the clip ons in favor of standard bars like my Monster has. So the the question is this. Will the upper tripple camp off of the S4RS fit on his front end. We didn't measure them but his Showa forks looks to be a bit larger than my Ohlins forks.

If they aren't going to fit does anyone produce a kit for the 998 that lets you uses handle bars?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I *think* the offset is different.

CycleCat may have something, and I'm sure they could whack out a custom one.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I know about the clearance problems. I think he's going to sell it. I was hoping someone would have a real kit to allow the use of Monster bars.

He road the heck out of it until he purchased a Bandit 1200 as a daily ride. He's had his fair share of problems with the 998 along with it's comfort issues. At 10K miles the engine puked out most of it's oil when the oil rings failed. He was lucky this happened going straight and not cranked over in a sweeper.Ducati covered the entire thing however it took them 3 months to do it. With new heads, pistons and cylinders it runs like a raped ape. That is as long as you get it started. He's getting kinda fed up.

I've had three Ducatis over the years. A 97 900sssp (sold) a 2002 St4s (still have but for sale) and my new love an 07 S4rs (pearl white). I've never had any touble with any of them ever. Go figure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.