Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a demo S4Rs that has had the ride height raised which I am told results in quicker steering but results in my having problems at stops due to my unajustable 5' 6" ride height. I would like to get all the suspension settings back to stock as a baseline and need to know 'how many threads are showing on the adjuster as it came from the factory.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My bike has the rear ride height adjusted up 5mm but thats only about 1/4 inch over stock and only in the rear. If you want to make a bigger difference leave it alone, BUT find a lower seat. That way the bike will fit you better but handle well too. I think CORBIN makes a low version 1-1 1/2 inched lower than stock. Some people will raise the fork legs and lower the front of the bike but this also has a negative impact on handling. Others have lowered the front and rear which I think hurts the handling the most. Since the seats are interchangeable perhaps someone close to you would swap seats so you could try that first. I have the same problem on my KTM 950 Adventure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts