Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just rec'd a recall letter from Ducati yesterday..

Basically states that they need to install a protective boot over the "potenciometro del cuerpo de inyeccion" to avoid water getting in.

I spoke to my dealer this morning and they've already had an Rs in twice and had to swap out the throttle body/intake as apparently it messes up from frequent high power washing.

I'll be taking mine in next week.

Regards,
NuTTs

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I haven't got a recall letter. I actually have to go to the dealer today to pick up my tag. I'll ask while I'm there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dogbone said:
How does this typically work? Do we all get recall notices in the mail or is it up to us to figure it out and keep asking the dealers?
If you are the registered owner (i.e., bought bike at dealership and have the green Ducati registration/warranty form in your paperwork bundle), you'll get it through the mail.

Unless, perhaps, your address is now different than when you purchased the bike.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Other than my 600 mile service I haven't been into the dealer for anything. Have there been 3 service bulletin, campaigns, or 'recalls'? The other one I remember was for fork oil if the front fender was hitting the radiator when the forks compressed?

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
What does mean, "frequent high power washing"? I've ridden in the rain many times and have washed by bike when high. ;D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Generally you won't get recall info unless you come into the dealer with a problem, then it will be fixed under the warranty (or after under goodwill if it is an acknowledged issue).

You're fortunate Ducati goes as far as mailing registered users.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
ok who the f#$k "power washes" their bike (especially a naked bike like a Monster) whom ever you are form a line so I can smack each and every one of you.

there will be an additional line formed after for me to give hugs to all those I had to slap as the old saying goes (this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you) :)

power washing a bike is a very bad idea, I dont even know where to start.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
if you registered the bike with dmv whether you bought it new or not you should get a recall notice.
if you dont want to wait call your duc dealer and give them the vin number and they should be able
to tell you if your bike is effected by the recall.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
sconly said:
ok who the f#$k "power washes" their bike (especially a naked bike like a Monster) whom ever you are form a line so I can smack each and every one of you.

there will be an additional line formed after for me to give hugs to all those I had to slap as the old saying goes (this is going to hurt me more than its going to hurt you) :)

power washing a bike is a very bad idea, I dont even know where to start.
We do it at the shop. Sorry.

(we use a low pressure compressor though, probably half the PSI of a car wash system.)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, I stopped by the dealership today and spoke with the service manager. He said that it's an inspection of the TPS. Not necc. a "recall".

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
no, no, no, pressure washing customer bikes at the shop is a great idea! that way, they can strategically aim the washer at guages, levers, chains, bearings, wiring loom plugs................................. ::)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
loony888 said:
no, no, no, pressure washing customer bikes at the shop is a great idea! that way, they can strategically aim the washer at guages, levers, chains, bearings, wiring loom plugs................................. ::)
Ha ha!

I personally hand wash my bike always, a power washer has never been close to my Rs. I then finish her off with Zymol wax (hand applied, of course) or sometimes Castrol Bike Finish Spray for a slippy, glossy paintjob.

I ride all year round on my Monster (hence high accident possibilities) in rain, sleet etc. and have never had any issues apart from the engine not catching when starting up first time after a wash.

In any case, I never direct water around the inlet area of the engine.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I'm sure the customers would love to see the 6 hour bill for hand cleaning their bike when it comes off the crate. Every bike is coated in grease for overseas shipment, so we have to soak them with Bike Brite and pressure wash them with hot water. Doesn't hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
you would have to be a moron to hurt a bike with a normal pressure washer.as long as you dont spray directly into bearings (wheel bearings etc.) or the chain there should be no problem with pressure washing, you actually use alot less water on the bike. i have an open air box so i make sure i cover that up before washing too.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts