Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
serious newbie on the boards and with bike mods in general.

i purchased my '07 s4RS used about 1.5 years ago. it came with termi pipes, although i'm not sure what else was done to the exhaust besides adding the pipes. i love the sound, and I'm really happy with the power. no need to change either.

i would, however, like to do away with the big udder. curious what my options are and the cost?

thanks.

p.s. here's a couple pics

p.s.s. should i take off the termi stickers or leave 'em on?

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
it will be a few pounds lighter, and may be a -little- bit louder as it is less restrictive than the utter.
havent seen a mid-only with the twist like the full system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it will be a few pounds lighter, and may be a -little- bit louder as it is less restrictive than the utter.
Any idea what the Termi pipes/kit on mine originally cost, and would any of that be reusable by going with the full kit?

Or would I just need to sell what I have to try and soften the financial hit of buying the full DP Termi kit?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I have a Termi Slip On system w/ Open airbox. I recently added a Spark Midpipe from Desmoworld. Easy install and bike runs great with no other tuning needed. A little louder and feels like a little more power. Of course looks 100% better. Much cheaper to just add the midpipe now than buying a full system.

http://www.desmorados.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1478

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very much appreciate everyone's feedback.

there are two things i really like about the full DP kit: the twist in the mid pipe and coloring of the pipe (darker bronze).

with that in mind is my only option to go for the full kit?

does anyone know what i might be able to fetch for my kit, which i know includes the slip-ons but not sure what else (e.g., airbox)?

thanks.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Are any of the mid-pipes compatible with the Termi Shortie Exhaust?

·
Registered
36 Posts
How involved is a full exhaust replacement? I'd assume getting a bike shop to do it would be a "problem". unless perhaps you trailer the bike in as the bike would be for "off road" use at that point.

2008 S2R 1000

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are any of the mid-pipes compatible with the Termi Shortie Exhaust?

I've been thinking of the same thing..

the only problem is,

the shortie isn't just the chopped off muffler

theres a metal piece behind that that "wraps" the udder to hide everything..

plus i'd imagine alot of the muffling comes from the cat, if u went straight pipe to that stump.. it would probably be close to boom tubes loud

·
Registered
99 Posts
How involved is a full exhaust replacement? I'd assume getting a bike shop to do it would be a "problem". unless perhaps you trailer the bike in as the bike would be for "off road" use at that point.

2008 S2R 1000

not if u keep the baffles in it.. drive it home then take them out

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ghileman, your stock exhaust is just totally unacceptable for your bike. You should take it off and replace with the full system immediately, then send me your stock stuff for free so I can upgrade my S4R to the carbon termi cans. ;D

Seriously though, it sounds obvious you really want the full system. If you have the funds just go for it and get what you truly want. Don't sacrifice for less if you don't have to. Get the full kit with the new air filter, ecu, and full pipes.

And if you are interested in selling your stock termi carbon cans, let me know a price and maybe we can work something out. I really would like to replace my stock ones, but I don't have the funds for a full system yet.

Good luck making your decision and ride safe! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts