Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to change the handlebar on a Monster S4RS to raise the height of the controls.

My preference is to use a different Ducati OEM handlebar from a different model, as opposed to using bar risers, or aftermarket bars.

I’ve checked the part numbers for example between an S2R and an S4RS, and they do have different part numbers.

S2R handlebar part number: 36010451B
S4RS handlebar part number: 36010731A

So it appears that there are different handlebars, but whether that means a different amount of rise is unknown.

I’m hoping someone here in these forums might have some experience with the different bars?

Appreciate any help you can give me. ?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Shopping for Aftermarket bars many times there will be dimensions shown to help you choose.
I have the taller risers on my S4RS and I like it.
The only suggestion I can give is find a S2R to measure, maybe at a dealer.
Stock bars are expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shopping for Aftermarket bars many times there will be dimensions shown to help you choose.
I have the taller risers on my S4RS and I like it.
The only suggestion I can give is find a S2R to measure, maybe at a dealer.
Stock bars are expensive.
Thanks mate, good idea!
I’ll keep an eye out for some other models to check.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Aftermarket is going to have a lot more options for width , rise and bend, and they’ll actually tell you what it is . I’ve used Renthal alloy bars on a couple of project bikes. They were motocross bars but coincidentally were very similar to Monster bars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Many riders just install bar risers. They come in different heights and you keep your old bars. Just remember, for any change in height, your cable/wiring/hoses must have the extra slack to accommodate the amount of rise

1 - 5 of 5 Posts