Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to 'craze' the plastic screens on both instrument gauges (speedo and rev counter) when changing the brake fluid - a couple of drops in them wrecked them. The rest of the instrument pack is fine. Does anyone know if it's possible to replace just the instrument housing? I don't want to buy a whole new instrument cluster.

·
Registered
168 Posts
dunno what that means. did you crack the or put in a blemish/mar?

if you spotted the lens, you can use plastic polish to restore it.

the housing is not available separately from the dealer. you can get an extra set of clocks on fleabay or this and other boards where the lenses are in good shape and you can just swap the top housing.

·
Registered
238 Posts
the housing is not available separately from the dealer. you can get an extra set of clocks on fleabay or this and other boards where the lenses are in good shape and you can just swap the top housing.
Quite an expensive solution. I have the same issue for two years now and couldn't find anything for a «reasonable» price.

One thing though. Since it craked, it hasn't move a bit. Mine is like half an inch long, so doesn't bothers me much. That's the other reason that it hasn't been changed yet...

But in order to get a «clean» bike, I'm still looking for a used cluster, not even have to be in working order... Still no go.

·
Registered
168 Posts
you'll probably be looking for a good while. It took me a few months to find replacement housings at a reasonable price (under $50). But when it rains it pours. I got 2 within a month and sold the extra at a profit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts