Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I bought my '08 S4Rs used with 2350 miles on it; came with dealer installed full Terminoni exhaust. This is the issue:

The pipe/carbon heat shield on the right side sticks out so far it interferes with foot placement on the peg! I ride with the ball of my foot on the pegs, not the arch, and my heel contacts the heat shield - forcing my foot out to the right almost a third of the peg length. Not good.

The dang "S" curve pipes connecting the cans to the collector are the problem. I am currently experimenting with rotating those "S" pipes inward toward the wheel to see if I can get them out of my way, still have clearance, and get the pipes to line up with each other and the mount points. I will try removing the offending heatshield and wrap with header tape to see if that fixes it - but the ugly factor probably won't sit well with me...and the pipe itself may be the issue (too far out into space). I wonder if someone with finesse in tubing could "massage" it over a bit to fix the issue?

Sheesh - this is rather frustrating for a system that costs so much. I would expect 100% ergonomic design excellence.

Any other S4Rs owners with ideas/remedies for the heel interference issue??

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same pet peeve with the full zard cans. No matter what i do I can't get comfortable. I've decided to remedy the situation by getting rid of them and putting on a termi shorty. like the look better anyway...

·
Registered
99 Posts
same problem too, the heel of my right boot always gets melted and burned etc...

i thought the race pipes were bent differently the that standard parallel S pipes

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've confirmed that the entire exhaust system up to the cans is Arrow's 50mm race system. But with Termignoni cans. Anyway, I simply can't live with the right heel interference issue, and have decided to go with some sort of underbike exhaust (I really don't like covering up the rear wheel).

I've read-up on the Quat and BoomTubes, but got to thinking...since I already have the DP ECU and 50mm tubes (beautiful workmanship), I'm going to a local custom exhaust guy I know this weekend to see if he can fabricate something cool to slip in in place of the current "X" collector (a la boomtube) that will emulate the necessary back-pressure and flow, and not wake the dead.

I'll report any progress or dismal failures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts