Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe new S4RS is great. But I have already started planning the exhaust installation (should have done it as part of PD i know!).

Anyway i am keen on people's thoughts and experiences. I have had Termi's on 2 ducatis and loved them. I particularly loved the sound of the Termis on my M800.

What have people liked? Disliked? The real question is what will give me the baddest, stronges, meanest, loudest, girl scaring, car alarm setting off, make babies cry, cause old ladies to drop their handbags, twin set of pipes for my S4RS?

TIA - jas

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
I have the Termignonis on mine (S4Rs), and at first, compared to my BMW K1200RS with a Z-Technic titanium system, they seemed louder than anything I have ever had. Now, I am getting used to it, but at first, I though I had more loud than I wanted. Now, I want more...

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rotten Randy said:
I haven't heard the Termis on the S4Rs but the cans look to be bigger than the Arrows.
Yeah they do look bigger. I love the look of the Arrows....size and shape.....not sure about the sound.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have Arrows on y S2R 800 and there's not much on the road that sounds better.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I don't have 'em... too spensive. maybe the new shortie though- that looks like a deal.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
c_rex said:
I don't have 'em... too spensive. maybe the new shortie though- that looks like a deal.
Hold on....tell me more about this new shortie...please - TIA

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
As already noted, there are several good choices out there: Silmoto, FBF, & Arrow to name a few - all look and sound great and frankly comes down to personal taste. But one of the deciding factors that lead to me choosing the full Termi system is the 2 yr factory warranty. If you buy and have them installed (read important) from an authorized Ducati dealer, then you get the same 2 yr bumper to bumper warranty on the exhaust system thats on your bike, which includes the air box & ECU. If the bike runs a bit lean or rich and needs the CO mixture adjusted, that's covered under the warranty. Install any of the other systems and have a problem, you're on your own. This was an important benefit to me and helped to make the decision that much easier. Also, when I go to sell the bike I believe the Termi's have more value in the aftermarket, as they are geniunue DP parts. Anyway, don't think you could go wrong with any of the systems - good luck and let us know what you decide.

Stuart

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Watch out for the assembly quality of the termi system. The inside of my X pipe had overlapping pieces which I chose to cut and grind. I'm sure it caused a flow restrction. Same problem where the pipe meets the head flange. I cut those off and welded in my desmoquattro headpipes since it's on an S4R. Still very happy with the system though.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I've been accused of working for Termi for being so fond of their product. Right now there is nothing that answers the fuel management questions well for other full systems with the airbox top off. Pipes, airbox, and ECU factory designed to work together by the people who designed and built the bike? - That's hard to beat.

Ducati is within their rights to void warranty on engines for non-Ducati systems and installs by uncertified shops. That's a fact. Seen em do it.

Look at the MOTO ONE web site for Brad Black's report on the full Termi kit install. Nothing else will give practically bolt on 10 to 14 HP.

Go big or stay at home, go Termi.

LA

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Just had them installed on my S4RS. I love the look and the sound is great.
Was going to do a tail chop but the length of the carbon cans and position
on the tail looks perfect. No tailchop for me.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks one and all for the good info. The warranty issues certainyl influence me as does the no tail chop option. WIll let you know what I do.

jas

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
jasaretta said:
Hold on....tell me more about this new shortie...please - TIA
Opinions vary (as always) but check 'er out: http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=68747.0
For the money/value it's definitely growing on me- maybe it really is a tumor. [cheeky] It's also going to be completely self installable further saving on the whole package. <- important to us cheapskates

I agree that the Spark setup is dang hot. If I were to go dual cans this would be my choice. The only downside is that as with any other non-stock/Termi set you'll have to also get a PC 3 (or similar) with a custom mapping for the full power squeeze whereas with the Termi kit(s) you get the maxi-map on the new ECM.

Cheers and best of luck in your decision Jas!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts