Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just done the exhaust mod that can be found in the FAQ http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php/topic,38565.0.html
I did not shorten the cans at all & took the time to cut the ends out of the inners I did it that way so it still looks stock & man does it sound hot! It has the deep, loud ducati rumble now. ;D

I'm very happy with the end result & it will get me through until I can get the full DP system. Which I'm am no longer in a hurry for.

Anyone who wants to try this mod it is very easy. The results are even better than I expected, it is as loud as without the mufflers (take them off to find out) but with the mod it sounds much deeper ;D

I'm off to enjoy my new sounding mistress....
(Tried to attach a sound file but no luck sorry)

Hayze

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Good move Hayze,

I just put on the Arrow system and the sound rocks compared to stock >:D

There should be a law against quiet bikes :police:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hayze, thanks for the info. I didn't know about this tread.
I too am looking at pipe options at the moment and may resort to similar action whilst saving for most likely an Arrow full system.
Is your catalitic converter still fitted as well?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Nitrox,

Yes I still have the unsightly udder attached. I'm not sure how well the standard ECU would handle its removal. So for the time being its still there. I will leave it there until I get the full DP system a little further down the track.

I'm taking my bike to the dealer tomorrow to check that coring the pipes has not altered the fuel air mix to much & if it has they can correct it. I will post the outcome for you so that if you do decide to core your pipes, you know weather its worth taking your bike in to have it checked. But having said that every bike is different.

( Just back from the Dealer & everything is running fine, no tune up required)

Hayze

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi Hayze,
Thanks for the update, glad to hear she's running well. [thumbsup]
Hope you can get the sound uploaded.

N

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·