Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the manual does not have what the preload should be set at. I have stiffend up the damping to 6 from 12. I am about 220 dressed out, this seems like a lot for the roads that I ride, but then those darn dot cat's-eyes feel like they bottom out the forks.
is it possible the dealer forgot to adjust preload?
Thanks in advance,
Rob in Houston

Attachments

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Rob in Houston said:
the manual does not have what the preload should be set at. I have stiffend up the damping to 6 from 12. I am about 220 dressed out, this seems like a lot for the roads that I ride, but then those darn dot cat's-eyes feel like they bottom out the forks.
is it possible the dealer forgot to adjust preload?
Thanks in advance,
Rob in Houston
Generally dealers don't do suspension adjustments as part of pdi. If you are braking hard the 3/4 " you have left is a little much. If you are just cruising around then yes your suspension is a little soft.

There is a section in the FAQ about setting sag. Check yours and go from there.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Put a zip tie around the bottom part of the fork leg about 2 in. from the bottom. Ride easy, brake easy, and see where it is. Then do a couple medium hard stops and see where it is.

G

·
My zip tie shows about 1/2" from bottoming out. This all from hard braking and spirited riding. I recall going at least 3 or more turns in from stock to get the right sag measurements.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eRacer777, was that 3 turns for pre-load?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts