Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
I just started my bike 5 mins ago and something weird is happening.

I've started the bike and when I've putted the bike in 1st gear it stalled. I'm running an open clutch so I've restarted the bike and noticed the when I pull the clutch leveler, the clutch keep spinning. I know I've hitted heavy rains last week but I'm puzzled ... did the disk gripped or something ??

I'm by no means a mechanic but it seems really odd. I've let the engive warm up (on neutral position) but the bike keep stalling when I'm putting it into the first gear ....

Any idea ??

Thanks for your time !!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I suspect 2 problems.

A- Water.
B- Tank fluids.

I've changed my tank fluids 2 weeks ago but everything was fine. Breaks and clutch was bleed. After that, I did a 1000 miles last weekend. Can a bubble of air moved or it's very unlikely ? From my uber-mechanical point a view, the cylinder "dont push" enough on the plates. But keep in mind that i'm a total noob in mechanic.

During that 1000 miles, I've been hit by a lot of rain. I've parked the bike for 3 days. Can rust be a problem between my disks ? Should I remove the pessure plate and push some air into it or it will be worse?

According to you, which scenario is more probable ?

ps sorry for my lousy english.

Thanks again for your time

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Is your side stand down when you do this? If it is, this will cut off the engine. I would start there.

Your clucth plates may have gotten wet and stuck together. Take them out and check, it's very easy.

If it was a fluid problem, the clutch probally wouldn't engage, and when you go to put it in gear, the bike would jerk forward and stall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts