Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ah don't like it.....

That added oil cooling radiator just reveals too much ugly plumbing. The strange looking pipe's all bunched up on one side must make the bike list.
And that SSS!!!!!!

No, not me. I'm keeping my '02 S4. It's pure, original, and clean. I can just imagine the maintainance on that oil cooler...big $$$$.

Hah! Who needs that much power anyway...

;D ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I agree, if I wanted to drive a car....... I would ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Certainly...each to his own ;)----I however love mine. I love the way it looks and more importantly I love the way it rides and handles. Who needs all that power ? No one. Who wants all that power ? ME ! [smiley=evil.gif]

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I aggree that a water cooled motor on a naked bike is a bit on the ugly side, but, the SSS & overall atyling of the S4R is what the S4 should have been in the firast place (IMHO). Now, if we could just get them to make the new 1000DS with the SSS of the MHR..............

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ya know, I gotta tell ya....I used to dislike the monster for many years. Until this year, I decided that I wanted another bike in the garage parked at night next to my FZ1. I knew I wanted a V twin but was not sure what to get, I had about 10 grand to play with so I checked the options and first went to see the monster.

I looked at a used 900 (at the dealer) with a lot of mods but it sold before I could make the time to get there.
Then I looked at the S4 and something happened, suddenly it looked nice, the owner said take our demo out and I did, story over.

I got to ride the S4R also, veeeerrrry nice, but $ was an issue.

If I had the xtra3 or 4 grand I think I would have went with the S4R.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Jack, I think your B S'ing. ;D

·
Registered
413 Posts
gator--- how about a comparo between your FZ1 and S4 ?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I should have known when you complained about the radiator ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts