Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think?
Which one is better when it comes to design, power and overall performance?
I know this board may be biased but I'm digging the brutale.

R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The MV is a sexy bike, but not a real world bike. Barely more than half the Ducs torque, and that's what you feel on a canyon road. Plus, it's very stiffly sprung, which on a billiard table that' not a bad thing, but where I live, you need AAA to get out of some of the pot holes. (I saw a Civic stuck in one the other day)

That said, I'd still love to own one, but I think the S4R is a better all around bike.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
The Brutale is a nice bike, soon to get the 1000cc engine I believe.
But just wait till you need spare parts ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
saw a brutale on the road the other day... definately looks pretty cool but it doesn't SOUND interesting at all... i think i'm ruined for anything aside from an L-twin with a dry clutch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw an MV at the dealers just recently and have been reading up on them. It is very small, tightly wound and very cool looking. Apples and oranges compared to a Duc. Way different machine. Definately a "boutique" brand of bike with potential supply problems (parts, maintenance, etc). For the "real" world, the Duc would be a much more practical machine, but then again the chance to own an MV Agusta at a fairly reasonable price is hard to resist.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Not bad looking except that HEADLIGHT!!! Looks like the face from Scream, with the lower half all melted and droopy looking.
Plus its an inline 4, not as much fun as a twin.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
I have a poster of it in me shed, along with various Dukes..
looks cool, I'd like to see one in the flesh..
but yaeh, I'm bias.. I like me duke!

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
yo ruben, MCC has got one! not sure its still there. looked pretty sweet to me, trellis frame and all. looked diminutive compared to your S4R over there, must be hell of a ride in the twisties. a bit pricey, but i wouldn't turn one down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The MVs are made by artists
The Jap bikes are made by CAD systems
And some bikes like the S4R are made by amateurs like the Ducati design team.
I hate the swing arm and the stacked exhaust; to me it looks like bits and peaces from the scrap yard heap.
So here is what Ducati could do with the S4R;
New exhaust like the the Paulsmart Sport classic.
New swing arm (the

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I sat on a Brutale the othere day at the local dealer. At 6'3" tall, that bike seemed TINY. With the big "wings" that come out of the sides of the tank I couldn't even get my knees around it properly. I like the looks of it, but it would never work for somone like me.

I sat on a 999 on the same visit, that bike had tons of room. I was really surprised just how comfortable it is for a superbike. You're way leaned over, but the saddle area has lots of room to move around. I was impressed.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
The Brutale has an extremly upright riding position, saw a rider at Mother's , a local hangout come up

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I don't like the wide look of the Brutale - the curse of a inline four. And that headlight ain't great either.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I like the headlight on the Brutale. It's something different, but "classic", so it fits a naked bike IMO...

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
i'm a fan of the brutale, but I think the s4 looks better... it'd also probably be a little easier to work on/have worked on. You'd also have a lot more support from fellow riders (i.e. this forum).

my .02

1 - 20 of 45 Posts