Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
the clamps might fit the tubes just fine but the newer bike may be using a larger diameter stem that will not allow you to easily convert.

have your local parts guy check his parts catalog, if they use the same size bearings they probably will work.
good luck

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm 99% sure it'll work.

You could call CycleCat, they make a whole bunch of different triples for Monsters, and they're helpful folks.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish by switching out the triple?I also have a 2001 S4 and I hate they way the bars are but I was looking through the 2006 ducati catalog at the dealer the other day and they now offer a kit that replaces the type bars and the mount looks more like what is on the newer S4R's.I wish I had the part number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i3ui3man said:
What are you trying to accomplish by switching out the triple?I also have a 2001 S4 and I hate they way the bars are but I was looking through the 2006 ducati catalog at the dealer the other day and they now offer a kit that replaces the type bars and the mount looks more like what is on the newer S4R's.I wish I had the part number.
I like the idea of being able to put any bars on it I want. I ride a supermoto also and want to be able to put some Renthals on like it has. Ups the hooligan factor, ya know.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I was at the dealership today and the the top piece list for $462 but he told I could get them for $325.I took a closer look at it and it actually replaces the top clamp and it comes with a set of bars and all the mounting hardware.It might be a little more cost efficiant if you went this route because I am sure you will not be able to get a set of forks for that price but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I'm hoping to come across just the triples or even better just the top triple on ebay or something. No plans to replace the forks or head bearings or any of that stuff. (sounds like too much work to me)

I ride a Yam WR450 that I supermoto sometimes and like the bars I've got on it. I think it would be a blast to have a set of Jimmy Button high Renthals on a Monster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts