Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI here, for anyone who had ordered Termi slipons for their S4R. My dealer called and said that they had arrived (I ordered in Oct) so it looks like they are finally shipping them. I have decided however to go with the FBF full system, which is supposedly on its way to FBF from Italy.

L

·
0 Posts
Day late and a dollar short in my book......It seems that you have been waiting longer than I have but it still makes me mad. I got the full Arrow system with carbon cans installed this weekend. I even had enough money left over to get a CycleCat open clutch cover installed as well. As I see it Term lost a lot of good potential clients due to their BS waiting game.

Maybe one day they will get their act together.....

Just my $.02

P.S. Does anyone know what has been going on with the board and posting pictures. I have been trying to post since Saturday and it will not let me......I have posted others in the past???

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice !!! I cant wait to get my system on---We were probably both lucky we couldnt get the Termis on time--I'd rather have the full system.

L

·
0 Posts
We were probably both lucky we couldnt get the Termis on time--I'd rather have the full system.

Amen!! I thought about it for a while and once I realized what I was going to miss out on by leaving that cow belly on I quickly changed my tune. I must admit, the Arrow system did not look appealing to me at first but after seeing it in person and hearing it I was sold. I have never been happier with any exhaust system I have ever installed on any of my beasts. The noise level is a little extreme but the kit fits perfect with no leaks, sag or sway and I didnt even have to tune anything because it incorp the stock exhaust flange coming off the cover. No popping, no backfiring and an instant 6hp plus weight loss to boost. As soon as FIM gets their computer together I am adding one along with an open air box. That should boost my output to 125hp:D

All I can say is to hell with Term and Ducati performance. So far all they have done is made me drool. Sorta like a hot stripper behind a wall of glass, whats the point unless you can have it? :p

L

·
0 Posts
Thats the spirit!!! ;D

I have a download of the sound on the General Forum "Termignon Troubles" you can hear and see em there.....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give FBF one more week, and then I'm going to go with the Arrow and a PCIII. FBF basically lied to me a month ago when I ordered the system and they said that it was shipping. Anyways, thats supposed to make 125 rwhp also....like I need more power ::)

S

·
0 Posts
I'll give FBF one more week, and then I'm going to go with the Arrow and a PCIII. FBF basically lied to me a month ago when I ordered the system and they said that it was shipping. Anyways, thats supposed to make 125 rwhp also....like I need more power

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am going to get before and after dyno runs, but unfortuantly it will happen at my dealers, not at FBF, so I'll have to pay for it... but they will give me a good deal. I'm not really expecting 125 hp, since we are at a mile elevation, unless of course the dyno is normalized for elevation ???

L

·
0 Posts
I am not sure about the HP what so ever all I know is that it sure feels great on throttle and the bike sounds ever so sweet. I assume that when the chip is installed and the airbox is open everything will be that much meaner?

I really can't imagine getting much more than I already have. :eek:

R

·
0 Posts
I have to admit the arrow is growing on me. If I was not so happy with the pipe mod I would ordering one now.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Spareshack has replacement headers that do away with the cat. They will work with stock or aftermarket slip ons. They do however appear to be single pipes with no 'X' manifold. Don't know how that might affect power gain.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Makes quite a big differance on Guzzi`s-Ferracci sells a X pipe and it improves the midrange no end, no X pipe means the exhaust pulse cannot `share` the silencers-not for me that one

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I just don't think any aftermarket pipe "fits" right yet. The stock pipes with their rounded triangular look is pretty sweet and the termignoni which splits the exhaust ala 996 rules, too.

Just waiting....

S

·
0 Posts
nice bike with the arrows ( awesome ) and now the carbon rearhugger they are out today bij Stuart Spareshack ;
[smiley=waytogo.gif] [smiley=waytogo.gif]

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
has anyone seen pics of the remus exhaust yet?

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I haven't heard or seen squat. I'm getting impatient though. I'm REALLY hoping that SIL brings out some shorter versions of what they have now. I want to stick with the stock shotgun look, since it's old-school and unique to the S4R. The Arrows are super nice looking, but I think they hide too much of the wheel. Man do they sound good though!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That's my issue, too. Everything else looks too long. The triangular shape of the stock ones is pretty sweet, too. Maybe I should just buy an old set of someone and get them stratified.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts