Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
nice. S4 maybe, but I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna get those on an S4R anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
+1 I just checked out motowheels and they have what looks like the same ones.
So I bought em. I dont want Termis but when I saw them I couldn't pass em up as a temporary setup.
We'll see what the seller wants for shipping. I may back out. For the S4R triples the shipping charge is $401. BS.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vwboomer said:
+1 I just checked out motowheels and they have what looks like the same ones.
So I bought em. I dont want Termis but when I saw them I couldn't pass em up as a temporary setup.
We'll see what the seller wants for shipping. I may back out. For the S4R triples the shipping charge is $401. BS.
I'm glad someone here grabbed these, but if the shipping is crazy F this guy! $401.00 to ship triples... WTF!

Good luck, and please post how things workout. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
So get this. This morning I check my ebay messages hoping for the shipping cost so I can pay for the pipes. Instead of the shipping details, I get this

I'm sorry but this item was posted incorrectly so I will not be able to honor the auction.
The employee who used to manage this for me was fired and was trying to get back at me for it when he listed this part. I apologize for any inconveneince this may have caused.

Seems like a load of crap to me.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vwboomer said:
So get this. This morning I check my ebay messages hoping for the shipping cost so I can pay for the pipes. Instead of the shipping details, I get this

I'm sorry but this item was posted incorrectly so I will not be able to honor the auction.
The employee who used to manage this for me was fired and was trying to get back at me for it when he listed this part. I apologize for any inconveneince this may have caused.

Seems like a load of crap to me.
What a MAJOR load of BS! ::) So when was this "employee" fired, the minute after you clicked the Buy-it Now? ::) Well then I guess the seller will have to pull ALL the other things for sale as well because the same person listed the prices too low, right?

I guess you can report this fool to ebay, but lately we all know how that seems to workout.

F it, I'd still report this sort of ****!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I believe the auction started around 8pm. Don't know too many employees that are allowed access to picture files and listing software or whatnot after being fired....in the middle of the evening.

I replied to the seller and quoted the ebay policy:

Seller Non-Performance

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:
Fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted.
Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing.
Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

But yeah, **** in one hand hope in the other.......
I can't make him sell it for that price, but I can at least maybe get ebay to do something. ha.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
vwboomer said:
I believe the auction started around 8pm. Don't know too many employees that are allowed access to picture files and listing software or whatnot after being fired....in the middle of the evening.

I replied to the seller and quoted the ebay policy:

Seller Non-Performance

When a seller lists an item on eBay, and a buyer bids for and wins that item, the seller and buyer have entered into a contract. Both members are expected to honor that contract. In accordance with that contract, the seller may not:
Fail to deliver an item for which payment was accepted.
Significantly misrepresent an item by not meeting the terms and item description outlined in the listing.
Refuse to accept payment for an item at the end of a successful sale.

But yeah, **** in one hand hope in the other.......
I can't make him sell it for that price, but I can at least maybe get ebay to do something. ha.
I hope this guy mans-up and delivers the cans(not likely).

But if not, I hope he get's some BAD TURKEY and shits himself on Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!
Karma's a Bitch. >:D

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
As with an Ebay 'action' you dont know the final result so basically it's all over. Got this back from the seller today:

Response from motorcycles-unlimited
motorcycles-unlimited( 199)
Positive feedback: 100%
Registered on: www.ebay.com

Item: 05' Ducati Monster S4R Termignoni Carbon Slip-On (280050773856)
This message was sent after the listing closed.
motorcycles-unlimited is the seller.

My account was compromised by an employee that I subsequently fired.
He listed the item with a low buy it now price because he knew it would anger me.
I explained that to you but you do not wish to be reasonable.
The item listed is not mine for sale, but belongs to a customer of mine. They are take off pipes from his bike left over from when we installed new ones for him.
The customer wanted us to sell the pipes for at least S399.00 for him, or he was going to try to sell them on one of the Ducati foums.
I apologize for the listing, I've had a spotless record on E-bay and would like to keep it that way.

---
I'm probably still going to leave negative feedback. After all, even if this is a legit situation, it's his account and he's ultimately responsible for what goes on.
Still pissed tho.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Still sounds like BS! Did ebay ever respond?

I guess you can still give him a negative feedback, but you know he will do the same to you(which is even more BS!)

Seems like a lot of $$$$$hit with ebay lately!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Yup Ebay responded. Responded by saying they have resolved the matter and have taken the appropriate action. WTF does that mean? It probably means nothing at all.

If his customer wanted 400 for the used pipes, I told him I could maybe come up a little bit and he could cover the rest just to make sure he doesn't any negative feedback on the purty 100% he's got now.
In all likelihood I'll just let it slide since if I do leave negative feedback, he will probably complain to ebay (after leaving neg feedback for me for no reason) and Ebay will just remove it from his profile anyway.

Guess I'll keep looking or just save up for the Remus setup. :-\

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ebay really SUCKS! I'm just glad you are not out any $.

I still don't get why this guy hasn't removed/changed the other listings he has for sale. The prices seem low on those parts as well. What a tool!

If I come across a set of pipes from someone I know, I'll PM ya. [thumbsup]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts