Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that there are more S4R owners in the group I'll ask this question again: What kind of adjustments from stock, have you made to the suspension ? If its not too personal, could you also include your weight ? ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
None I like her just the way she is. 180

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I haven't made any, either. But then again, mine hasn't arrived on island yet...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quite a few actually,the first time i rode the dealers S4R demo i thought it was rubbish after my S4,it was only when i thought of the adjustments i had made to the S4 that i went back and took the bike out again--and bought it!,rear ride height up by 10mm,front triple clamps 8mm further down the forks,the rest i got from our weekly motorcycle news who had tested one and give a `5 minute fiddle`guide, front comp 12 clicks out,front rebound 11 clicks out,rear comp1/4 turn out,and rear rebound 1/4 turn out,The bike is now awesome,goes where i want it too,does`nt stand up as much if braked midcorner and is not in the slightest bit nervous,plus all the usual stuff like pins removed from clutch/front brake levers to allow them to angle down more -really good now

S

·
0 Posts
Mike

Could you scan the article in MCN ? I would appriciate it very much.

Kind regards

Yannick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Yannick--I threw the article away,i just tore the `5 minute fiddle` out of it and stuck it in my folder,Word for word it goes like this.....The S4R runs with Showa suspension.The nitrided USD forks are harsh over bumpy B roads, but for fast A road use they give the rider a lot of feedback.The majority of S4R owners will be happy with the std settings at a track day.But the rear shock is definitely way too soft on the given damping and spring settings.Dedicated hardcore track players would be better off investing in quality aftermarket kit ........The only thing i didnt put down was for track use they had the rear shock adjusters both wound in all the way,they lifted the rear 5mm for the track,The forks through the clamps was a thing i got from `speedzilla` message board from DR O and Monsterman,It worked very well on my S4 and is also good on the S4R.I see you have the fim ecu and 50mm exhaust--how good are they hp wise?

S

·
0 Posts
Marc

Tx for the info

For more details about the sil + fim see my thread above.

sil + k&n and open box make big difference. Open airbox made bigger difference than on my S4. Due to a software glitch the dealer couldn't tune the U59 but he has received a new cd from fim and software should work now.

As soon as the weather get's a little better, I will go back and will post the results.

Yannick

S

·
0 Posts
HI
I am new and :-[ bet also riding a S4 r ,2003 M 1000 with
orginal fork after a time showa frontfork the setup was from someone with many track experience it was amazing that setup I don t know it was street or track setup any way it was fun the same story with the S4 r afther running in a new setup and again more fun I have only experience on the street , this year the track is the target .

regards slow M

1 - 8 of 8 Posts