Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Re: S4R Stratified by Ducatipipemod.com

the pipes look pretty good! what brand are they? Im sure it will sound great. you should move to australia, its about 90%F right now!
dan

·
Banned
3,931 Posts

Cold starting techniques, based on what has worked for me in the past, before I got smart and moved somewhere that it rarely gets below 30 degrees.

Take the spark plugs out and heat them up. I like to use a propane torch on them until they glow.

Get one of those work lights that is a light bulb on the end of a cord with a metal cage around it. Leave it against the engine overnight as close to the center of the V as possible, or underneath so that the heat will rise and warm the engine.

Get some ether-based cold start fluid and shoot some into the airbox.

All have worked for me at one time or another.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Holy Crap.
I think I will just wait until it hits 30. My storage area does not have anyt power.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I can put it where my wife use to be. A good trade off....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

man you poor guys are getting the deep freeze up there.
Its 21 down here and i'm huddled around the coffee cup.

your ducati loves you, buy it a nice wooly blanket ;D

If i recall correctly, way back in the day, bugatti or maybe ferrari used to recommend you drain the oil, heat it on a stove and transfer back for proper "cold-starting".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well, I went back for try 2. Its a sweltering 11 degrees and I think I killed the battery with yesterdays try. So I took the battery home for a charge. Tomorrow its going to be almost 40.
I decided to take off the sheild for now to see how it looks.

It is really making me think about making some kind of custom heat sheild. I might even just leave it off. This mod is a hold me over mod. Call me cheap, but before I spend over $1200 on a full system, I want a system that rocks my world. Not something I will settle for. I figure by the end of this season, there will hopefully be something I really like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

hey dennis,
thanks for posting the pics! i think the bike looks better without the heatshield for sure... if you trim it and polish it, i think the shield will look sharp! i should've taken the time to zip it down a bit but i think it's a matter of taste how much to crop.
drop me a line when you get to fire it up! i feel your pain on the cold front though... i went to waterville valley with the fam this weekend to go skiing/boarding and it was TOO cold even to ski! yipes!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Looks great - good work strati. I think it looks great with out the heat shield. I'm jealous!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

yeah heatshield looks gay.. not that there is anything wrong with that ;D ;D ;D

I do groove on the white rim face guages

·
Registered
668 Posts
Re: S4R Stratified by Ducatipipemod.com Now with V

That heat shield could be black also ?

Great looking bike Dennis ! Sorry for the wife though, seems awfully cold out there.

Skier

·
Registered
216 Posts

Yea...that looks really sweet!! I have strati pipe mods too and they sound awesome!!! Have fun!

·
Registered
374 Posts

The S4 has a calyatic converter just below the slip ons right? That could be the cause of the sound dampening.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts