Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I got this mod (if you can call it that) done today. What do you think? It is original and I don't think there will be to many like it...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Well, that seat cowl just became collectible. God knows what ebay price you can get. I'm guessing that you probably don't care what price you get.

Nice score.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jerez, Spain

S

·
0 Posts
don't forget to spray a coat of clear over it. it'd be a shame to get it smudged up!

T

·
0 Posts
OK, I'm a noob... who's signature is that, and why is it important?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Loris Capirossi, factory Ducati MotoGP rider and currently fastest MotoGP rider ever: 215mph at Catalunya. Faster than an F1 Ferrari. Must be an amazing ride :eek:

OK, I'm a noob... who's signature is that, and why is it important?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
any body have any recommendations on how to clear coat this thing? I don't really want to screw it up. It was done in permanent marker. I took it to one painter and he didn't want to touch it because he was a big fan and didn't want to hose it up. I was just going to buy a can of clear coat and paint it, but he said that would mess it up by making the cover look matte and not shiny like it is now. Any body with paint experience know?

D

·
0 Posts
wish I could help with the clear coat thing, but nice mod anyway. Of course, you know you should just put it in storage so it doesn't get damaged...but then, nobody would see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forget the box, throw that thing back on and show that sucker off. You should clear it but your best bet is definetley out of a gun, thin as possible, you only want to preserve that ink and not cloud the rest of the paint.
By the way, what's Capi like in person?
Did you get a chance to meet any of the other riders in Spain?

S

·
0 Posts
Only my opinion, but I would get a nice plexiglass box made and show it off in my office where I spend alot of my time, order another stock one to put on the bike and don't dink around with trying to clear coat it, it'll never look the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts