Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any 2004 S4R blue & white owners had any problems with there paint, the white strip on mine has started to bubble around the gas cap, It seems that the white strip is
white tape and not paint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Usually caused my lack of preparation not application...
That's why i have an 2004 S4R in red - ducati; it just had to be... However after seing the new 749R the other day with the white tail trimmed in black i think i will be doing some sort of mod like this - looked very trick! Hope you sort out this WARRANTY issue! :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have not noticed any problems yet but bet your a s s I am going home after work today to check and will be on my monitor while I fuel list. Good looking out. :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
No problems yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
wheres the frikin picture ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an S4 Foggy that has the same type of plastic/stick on racing stripe. Went through two tanks, before my dealer had his painter paint the stripe on. Each tank lasted about 1 mo. before bubbling. Changed out under warranty.....don't trust those stripes, you gotta watch them ever minute.....

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I have a blue/white stiripe s4r with the stripe seperating from the tank as well. I'm pissed to say the least...this IS a factory defect that should be covered by Ducati. My good friend has a foogy with the white stripes bubbling as well, Please, if anyone has had any prior experience about contacting ducati to fix thier screw up let me know. Both of us here have done nothing but baby these bikes and thier finishes. It's just not right. Not the kind of craftsmenship I expected from ducati.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
The clear coat over the decal is messed up, maybe you spilled a little gas on your tank, not saying you did or didnt, could just as well be a defect.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I just noticed a few "bubbles" or like opposite to a dent in the tank of my 07 S4RS. the bike is the black with white stripe model and the bubbles are on the upper side of the tank (no where close to get gasoline damage). Was wondering what was ever decided was the best coarse of action. I doubt I have warrenty left.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts