Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone familiar with indigo products. They have the shotgun style and these highmounts. I'm into the highmounts as they show off the SSS more.

http://www.indigosports.com/exhaust/ducati/products/duc_22_32471.html

any input is appreciated. Also, what is the difference in getting Termi slipons with the spareshack cat eliminator and waiting for a full system to come out?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
L-V is a great brand with excellent build quality. normally, i'd immediately dismiss a 2-1 system as they don't work on ducati v-twin. BUT LOOK AT THAT... they have very long head pipes with huge diameter and big collector. it seems they kept to work on the dyno until they found the good combination.

do please stay away from carbon can. there's a reason that TBR stopped selling carbon mufflers with their 2-1 systems on TL1000s, etc.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Did they try to save money by eliminating any secondary

·
Registered
413 Posts
Did anyone look at the dyno curve they show ? Its hard for me to believe that the stock S4R only has 85 rear wheel HP (I'm assuming that was BHP). I dont believe it. Has anyone had their stock S4R dynoed ?
Secondly, I think that the stock S4R bogs pretty badly below 5000 and it appears that this system will make that considerably worse. Seems to me that one would be doing a heck of a lot of downshifting on the street to keep in a reasonable powerband. Comments ?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Secondly, I think that the stock S4R bogs pretty badly below 5000 and it appears that this system will make that considerably worse. Seems to me that one would be doing a heck of a lot of downshifting on the street to keep in a reasonable powerband. Comments ?
That's why I said that most 2-1 systems are not good. You always want 2-1-2 or 2-4-2.

There's nothing wrong with 25 or so welds, so long as they're smooth. This is the only way to play with tapers, too. Ever see a 2 stroke expansion chamber? They're either pressure formed using expensive molds or are many parts welded together.

:) chris

S

·
0 Posts
gain of 10 hp at peak with just an exhaust system (and NO mapping or intake mods)??? gotta be sceptical here and say i'd have to "see it to believe it"... or is this testament that the stock system sucks THAT much? hrm...

in anycase, interesting idea to have a x-over before the merge for the 2-into-1. must be fairly expensive to manufacture with all that tigging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts