Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Hugger came today for my S4R. I am off to mount it now. After that I will put it on my bike. (that was forf Herb).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well,
I would like to say its mounted. But its not. I cannot get the holes to line up at all. And I am not drilling until I hear about a few other installs. The fit around the swing are looks great. Its just the actual holes that don't line up. Maybe the holes are not consistant from the factory.
I am spent. What a bummer....

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Dennis,
I started to mount mine today as well. My holes line up, I'm just not sure of the exact mounting sequence. I've tried a few different orders of mounting the main fender with the sub fender, but I'm not happy with any of the results. Do you know if the sensor/brakeline clamps are modified for use or not used at all? Does the sub fender mount on top of the fender or vise versa?

Thanks,
Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
According to the directions, the upper part goes over the lower part. The cables sit pretty much where they are. The lower section is between the wires and tire. To get my holes to line up, I would have to bend my hugger more then I feel is reasonable. I think its time to return with a dremel.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it would be better with just the top section. Maybe thats why they sell it in 2 parts. You have the option of just buying the upper section. It seems like the lower section will hit the cat too.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
just my two cents (and don't kill the messenger) but
the guys at GP (san diego) made a comment once that
DP carbon 'wasn't the best', whatever that means.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe its DP CF. At least it was not advertised as DP.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We'll, if the bottom fender mates to the swingarm and the upper fender lies on top of the bottom fender - I'm not happy. The upper fender is curved to match the swing arm's contour at the mounting points. The lower fender is not curved and thus you have the upper fender compressing the flat lower fender. This aint gonna happen as C/F is pretty stiff. I had mine assembled in this configuration and it just didn't look/feel right to me.

I guess the 2 cable clamps are not used?

Hmmm,,,, what to do,,, what to do??????

BTW, it's not D/P carbon.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 2 clamos are not used according to the instructions. I am seriuosly thinking about sending the bottom part back. I may even send the whole thing. But I would rather have half a hugger then no hugger at all. It still looks real cool. I like the way it comes to a point.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wait for the hugger from ducati performance saw on pic s
look very good , price is LOWER. :p
also mounting is eayser , upper part & lower .
lower part is nice you see all most nothing from the cat (compleet carbon behind the engine and rear tire )

greeeeetz

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the look. Its the fit that pisses me off. I am going to take it to Warhorse this week and let skip give it a try. If that does not work out, then I will return it. I am not sure about Spareshack return policy. I hope its ok.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DAMN IT MAN, NOW I FEEL LIKE I SHOULD HAVE WAITED BEFORE SPENDING $350 :eek: :eek: :mad: :'(

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In all fairness. It looks real nice. And yours may fit perfect. I thinl its the lower part that messes things up. Noting a little dremel action won't cure. My bike is in a storage area. I have no electricity there. So my options were limited. When I get to the shop later in the week, Skip will probably have it on in minuites.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My hugger is on the way from Spareshack. I hope it fits better than yours did Dennis or if not, I hope you'll be providing some great fitment tips :). It sucks when parts dont go on smoothly.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I may try to cut down the mounting tabs on the lower as well.... It may help a little, but not enough I think. Pisses me off........

1 - 20 of 32 Posts