Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting in to going to the track and I decided to get a sports bike as a second bike. I didnt want to spend the $$ on another Duc, so I bought a 2004 GSXR 600. It is a wonderful bike with superb confidence inspiring cornering abilities. Its going to be great for me on the track.
After switching between it and the S4R, I finally understand what "hooligan" means. The S4R is a bad ass bike, you jump on it and take off like nobodys business, the low end torque is really what separates it from the GSXR. Riding the GSXR feels more like a playing a video game, smooth, easy, clutch and throttle like butter. The S4R is rough, growly, instant connection to the engine. Another big difference is how much engine braking the Duc has compared to the Suzuki. I love them both !

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
The GSXR sounds like a great second bike/track tool. I would really like to have a GSXR 750 as a second bike. Seems like it is a perfect compromise between the handling of a 600 and the power of the 1000. What color scheme did you get? I noticed they came out w/ a cool red/black color this year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yea that cool red and black color isnt in the US though, it is in canada... the US has the Black and Orange color theme, along with the classic blue and a nice yellow theme

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The GSXR sounds like a great second bike/track tool. I would really like to have a GSXR 750 as a second bike. Seems like it is a perfect compromise between the handling of a 600 and the power of the 1000. What color scheme did you get? I noticed they came out w/ a cool red/black color this year.
Thanks, I was really tempted by the 750, but I figured I would probably learn track riding better with the smaller engine. I got the blue and white colors for two reasons: 1) matched my leathers ;) and 2) it was all they had.

K

·
0 Posts
Are you taking the track school through Ricky Orlando? If not, look him up, very cool guy and he knows racing.

And... are they hiring where you work? Anyone that has an EVO, S4R and GSXR600 is doing something right... ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you taking the track school through Ricky Orlando? If not, look him up, very cool guy and he knows racing.

And... are they hiring where you work? Anyone that has an EVO, S4R and GSXR600 is doing something right... ;)
Yep, Ricky is the guy I have been taking lessons from--he's a great teacher and as you said a very cool guy....he loves teaching. Placed 6th in the Daytina 200 this year !!.

The reason I have those vehicles is from a small (and getting smaller :) ) inheritance I got last year. I have a pretty good job though, doing research at Univ of Colorado.

K

·
0 Posts
Oh, very good. I know Ricky just from all the time I've spent in the shops... heh.

Ah, didn't mean to pry, really just looking for an out of the current company I'm with. :) But, if you have anything left, buy yourself a Honda XR400, the trails out here are too good to pass up. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Congrats on the new bike....I've had my eye on the '04 also.
Keep us posted on how it's working out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts