Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While ridng home from Warhorse last night on I 81, I lost power while doing around 80 mph.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Holy SH!T!!! What caused the fuel to burn like that?

Wish I could help you out, Dennis...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The front cylinder was not getting spark. So all tha air gas mixture was heading into the cat where it mixed with very hot gases from the other cylinder which ignited teh gas in the cat and pipes beyond it. Fire was coming out of my pipe. A friend called me. He saw me on the highway and asked if I was playing with a new invention today. I had flames shooting out my pipes.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was ready to take the bridge over this yeaterday. Today I am thankful it was not worse. Life will go on either way. At least I am not in the hospital typing this.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Dennis, my guess would be that some Bast*rd pulled the plug wire when you had your bike parked somewhere.

Really sucks, When I used to teach HS, I has some students that like to mess with my bike in the teachers parking lot. Nothing that bad, but we caught them one day and they got suspended because- they pulled one of my plug wires and let some air out of the front tire.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess that could have happend. I was cleaning the bike and may have bumped it also. My bike has not really be left alone for very long.
Maybe one of the starboyz did it....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
and they all said, "Amen"

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I was younger Ihave a tube under my Magna that has 3 "D" size engines pionted at the ground. When I eluded, I would hit a switch that changed my horn button to the ignight button to set the 3 off. They were D12's. This meant the would burn for 12 seconds. When these went off you knew it. It made so much smoke, what ever was followin g would have to pull over. You would not see a thing and thru the smoke you would be getting hit with anything the engine pushed off the ground. And after 12 sec's the engines themselves would shoot out.
I guess this is why it was so funny when my friend saw me yesterday. It brought him back to our Highschool days. If I were to do such a thing today, I would probably use 6 engines wired 3 at a time. And mount then behind the plate. Have the plate spring loaded to the pressure pushed the plate down and when it was over the plate would come back up and hide it.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Wow!

That's some serious James Bond Batman sh!t :eek:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was/am a geek. I know. But it worked well. I also had one of those big flash lights that hold 4 batteries. I mounted a spring for recoil and a engine in that too. It only needs 9 volts to light. You needed 2 hands to hold it. That is why I used the big flash light. It looked stock. I even had the reflector in it. Just no bulb. The clear plastic shot our and melted on the first blast. It was a one time use item. But it was a nice short use flame thrower for under teh car seat. And when it was done it still had the hit you over the head factor.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes,
But its leather now. And it has Vanson written on it.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
It's nice to see that we can still have fun when our buddies exhausts blow up! I was a model rocketeer myself; C6-5's, etc. Those were the days...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I am fine. I know the bike will be ok. Yesterday I was not. You would think my kid was in the hospital or something. But today its just a broken toy. A broke toy that will be fixed ASAP. Tomorrow I will choose between buying an Arrow system of buying another stock/strati can.
I hate to put money towards a pipe I may be replacing for the Arrow system. But I was very happy with the strati pipe. I still think its the best bang for the buck. And maybe the best sound. I am going by recordings. I never heard the Arrow in real life.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts