Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

finally got the sil 50 mm, Fim U59 ECU and k&n filter with open airbox installed.

Pictures and dyno results can be found on : http://public.fotki.com/SennaS4/

We had a problem with the software tool to adjust the U59 so we where only able to use the base map. As soon as Fim finds out what the problem is I will go back and have the map tuned.

The midrange is very good only the top end could be better. Sound is incredible.

Regards

Yannick

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gday,
your bike looks sweet! but it mabee the photo, do the pipes look better in the flesh? as they look longer than the standard ones. Ive orderd the exact same bike(due in march) and im looking around now for pipes. I bet it feels better to ride now that you can hear it! so do u think they cuold be choped or is it just me? love those mirrors too! cant wait until march!

Dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dan

When I saw the first pics of the pipes I also thought that the mufflers where to long, and already made arrangements to cut them down. Now that I have the bike I looks good, maybe that's because of the big header pipes. The mufflers a flush with the stock tail. I have an abbreviated carbon tail on order and will see how mufflers look next to the tail. If they are to long I will cut them down.

The passenger pegs can still be fitted, no issues there. But the front header pipes passes over the oil filter, so if you want to change the oil filter you will have to unbolt the first part of the header pipe ( pipe consists of 3 pc) but I don't think this is a big problem.

I had arrow mufflers on my S4 but these pipes are MUCH louder. Even louder than my friend's bike which has open Akrapovic's installed. You need to hear it to believe it. It is not so much the DB's but the tone is very deep. Next to sils my S4 sounds like a sissy ...

Yannick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts