Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding an FJ600 on and off since I bought it new in 85. Got the bug again and fell for the new Monster S4R. Talked the wife into the purchase in 04. Looking for your input on my obsession with buying this particular Ducati.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I have had mine for 2 months. I love it! ;D I came off a M900Sie, so I was already a Monster fanatic. Packing the 996 motor in and adding the SS Swingarm did me in. I am now feeling comfortable enough to start to push and use more of the available power. I think a track day is in the near future. If you have specific questions contact me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I love mine. I have had it for about 3 months. It is the first bike I have ever had. I am sure I don't use its full potential but just the pride of having a kickin bike is what I like.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've had mine just over a month and completly love it--I came from a Honda 919, a great bike in itself, but the S4R is a bit sportier and better handling in the corners. My only complaint so far is the current lack of an aftermarket, but I'm sure that will change in the future. What color do you prefer ? Mines blue and white.
Dan

·
Registered
240 Posts
Mine is also the blue and white. The look of the bike really is what got me interested. I haven't done any mods yet. I am thinking of doing something with the pipes. Have any of you guys modified your s4r yet?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I ordered the Termi slipons when I bought the bike, but they have not come in yet--I'm also going to spring for the CF wheels,besides that, Cycle cat frame sliders is my only mod.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the blue paint with the white wheels looks great, and is my choice so far. I wish I could get the Ducati red with the white wheels. That would be sweet loooking. ;D Thanks for the responses. Let me here from you guys in your S4R travels while I wait salivating over my future purchase.

Mike

R

·
0 Posts
My only complaint is the lack of space for my feet. I hate having my heel resting on the pipe. I ride with my toes/ball of my foot on the pegs. My heels touch the pipe and my foot feels turned out. Hopefully which ever pipe I end up with will get rid of this single problem.
For the first time in a long time I find myself riding with the arch of my foot on the peg during normal riding just to avoid this issue. But other then that, the bike kicks ass.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Considering that is the only complaints it tells you this must be a pretty nice bike huh?

·
Registered
413 Posts
My only complaint is the lack of space for my feet. I hate having my heel resting on the pipe. I ride with my toes/ball of my foot on the pegs. My heels touch the pipe and my foot feels turned out. Hopefully which ever pipe I end up with will get rid of this single problem.
For the first time in a long time I find myself riding with the arch of my foot on the peg during normal riding just to avoid this issue. But other then that, the bike kicks ass.
I think I ride with my arch on the peg. When I was at the track last, I noticed that the toes of my boots were scraping the pavement on big leans. I might have to scoot them back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'm a good 6'2. It isn't any too big, but I am comfortable for at least a couple hours. Any more than that might get old.

·
Registered
413 Posts
How tall are you guys? Is the bike cramped? Has anyone ridden the S4R for an extended amount of time. How's the overall comfort.
I'm 5'9" , 155lbs and the bike fits me perfectly--I've been on it 3 hours, my butt was starting to get tired, but the rest of me was fine. My knees hug the tank just right, so I can tighten them and use my low stomach to completly take pressure off of the wrists--I do this every so often and it makes a big difference for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts