Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day and hi to all you all. Have just recently bought the new monster S4R and to my disspointment can not get any information re the purchasing on a new exhaust system (high mount: preferably). My local dealer explained how termi has been bought by ducati and all that however, for the life of me i cannot figure out why they would list the product in the catalogue but would not actually manufacture them yet, if at all! :mad: If anyone can help with any info it would be greatly appreciated here in the land of meat pies and hot blondes in bikinis - you guessed it im an Aussie!
Cheers
hercs

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
??????????????? I'm about to order that bastard, too...it hasn't even been made???????????

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Arrow has a full system or slipons for S4R in carbon or titanium. Aprilia-Ducati of Oceanside will have in stock next week. The full system will replace the cat under bike, slipons do not. It is really good looking with the end caps being different than most Duc pipes. Their phone is 760 722-7704

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just ordered from www.motostrano.com .. full system in carbon fiber made by Arrow. My buddy has an Arrow system on his 748 and it sounds awesome. Better performance gains that the termi also (at least that's what they say :p)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I just prefer the look of the split exhaust rather than both on the same side...guess I'll have to sit and wait it out :(

·
Registered
413 Posts
Also, you might want to check the Fast by Ferracci full system. With a PCIII and airfilter they show a dyno chart of 125 rwhp.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Im ordering the arrow full system for my bike, they look great & i think that they would be cheaper than termi pipes
Dan

I just have to wait untill march to get my S4R (on order)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i got the full arrow Ti system (GP motorcycles, San Diego)
and can fully recommend it. great sound even with
the baffles in, highly illegal with the baffles out. and
it looks killer. can't speak to the power/torque gains,
but it certainly doesn't hurt. i'm told that the cans
have to come off when removing the rear wheel, but
it comes apart easy enough. turns a great looking
bike into true art.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Stevey-

Got any pics of it installed and a sound clip? Also, do you lose the passenger footrests? Thanks

-Mic

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
FYI-

I emailed Ferracci and asked if they were going to make a split exhaust for the S4R. They said "no" and told me they could order one from Duc Peformance. Sounds like we're out of luck unless we start flooding a company with requests. Whadaya say, RD-Dennis?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Also, you might want to check the Fast by Ferracci full system. With a PCIII and airfilter they show a dyno chart of 125 rwhp.

I emailed FBF to find out which powercommancer they are using on the S4R and was told the following :

"You would need to order part number F44525. It's the same Power
Commander
for the standard S4.
Ciao,
Victor M. Castaneda Jr."

Now is it me or does that not make any sense since the s4 is a 916 motor and the S4R is a 996 motor?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'm certainly not an expert, but I think that makes sense. The PC is the same for a bunch of bikes; it's the map that makes the difference.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i think buying sil's is a better move. why pay ferracci extra $$$ just for their logo?
At this point, I don't care what name is on them, as long as I can get them split! Hell, by the time my bike gets here, the S4R will be so old no one will make anything for it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts