Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics after removing the emissions canister. Much cleaner look. I didn't get the right M5 screws, so I had to go with vacuum caps for now. Also, you gotta have some small fingers to get in some of those places. I also put a "t" in to run both the tank bleed/vent into a single outlet. Not the prettiest job, but I think it works (guess we'll find out when I fill her up!)

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
What kind of radiator screen is that?

Thanks in advance,
Rideon!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
came with the bike, stock...

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Are you going to auction your smog cannister on e-bay like those other two a few days ago? Man, I've been looking for one... willing to pay top dollar...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got the one from my M620, too. I'm sitting on them for now...kind of like "pork futures". Call me the Rockefeller of emissions canisters

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lock is actually two kryptonite locks. The one you see is the nyc w/chain. I looped the chain around the covered parking pillar and locked it with a krypto wheel lock. I also keep the steering locked and have a gorilla alarm installed.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the same chain, but it's too big and heavy to carry around. Does your chain travel with you?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, that's why I installed the alarm. When I know I'm going somewhere spooky, I take one of the locks, too.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I somewhat followed the ducatisuite directions. I bought m5 screws to plug the throttle bodies, but the heads were too small. I also had to use a mini-me screw driver to remove the hoses off the throttle bodies. Taking this off the M620 was MUCH easier. I reused all the hose clamps to link the hoses under the tank, too.

If you look at the first pic, you can just see the bottom of the horn by the oil cooler. Probably not the best location, but definitely the easiest.

Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm going to take a look at it tonight. I want to see where all the lines run. How many screws will I need? This doesn't look all that hard.

Thanks wd13.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: S4R emissions canister removal pics--WTF, Duc?

only 2 screws....BUT...

Like I mentioned on my other post, I just got the 600 service done. This morning, when I did my pre-ride check, I noticed the vacuum caps were GONE...instead, a short hose is now connected between the throttle bodies. For some reason, the mechanic did this during the service.

I have no idea why? Anyone??? Bueller???

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Not yet. I'm going to wait for the 600 mile service and then do it.

What are your results so far after riding it without the cannister? Any findings?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no issues. Also, following the 600m service, I no longer need the idle lever. Not sure if that's the 600m service or the emissions removal as I did them within 2 days of each other.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Ok, cool. I might just do that this weekend when I tweak my suspension. I have to go find some M5 screws.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can you post instructions on how to remove the canister?

Thanks,

dank
I sent some pretty detailed directions to TRJ on a PM. I don't have a copy, so maybe he could send them on to you, or even add/edit/resubmit them as he does the mod. My directions were off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm going to send those to you in a minute dank...

Also, does anyone know what the length of the M5 screws should be? I don't want to put long ones in as it might disrupts flow. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts