Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I'm looking for recommendations for an aftermarket clutch slave cylinder. I've done a bit of looking here and I haven't found much.
What would be a good one to look at?
I've found a few different ones on the internet, Pramac, CNC Racing etc and I also read somewhere that Oberon is good but not produced anymore.

Also, what is the effect of the different diameters? I have seen in the descriptions the they are 28, 29 or 30mm diameters but no idea what this applies to.

Has anyone also replaced the reservoir with a larger one?

Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Basically, the larger the diameter, the easier it is to pull the clutch lever, but the longer the stroke of the lever to displace the cylinder an equal amount. AFAIK, Oberon is still around:

They are well built, don't leak, and a lot of Ducatisti swear by them.

Personally, I use STM and NCR. Beautiful, outstanding quality, and perform wonderfully. I also have experience with EVR (Edo Vigna Racing) who also make outstanding kit.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Any of the 28-30mm ones are great

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I've had a closer look at the others and I think I'll try to get my hands on the Oberon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after trying to contact Oberon 4 times via mail and phone and having all attempts simply ignored, I will not be giving them a thumbs up.

I will however give a thumbs up to CNCRacing in Italy. Requests for information were answered withion a couple of hours and products were sent the same day. I ordered on a Thursday and the items arrived the next Tuesday. I was so impressed with the quality I ordered more stuff and went a little crazy with the order. Sent the same day as ordering and arrived the next day.

This is what I call service and I cannot recommend them enough.

So, enough bla bla, off now to install all my goodies. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered mine from Oberon and it hit the states in 5 days. So far so good. The STM that the original owner put on in 2008 started leaking after 11,000mi

1 - 6 of 6 Posts